Organizer/Day Planner App?

May 22, 2009
Hi all,
I'm new here and need some advice. I want an app or apps that I can use to separate my tasks, appointments, etc. What I mean is, when i had my palm, I was able to assign colors to my different tasks, appointments, etc and when i opened the calendar, the colors showed up to let me know what was there. On the current calendar app that came with the iPhone 3g, it just shows a black dot. I want more variety than that. I suck at using paper organizers so I loved that about my palm. Any suggestions? I was looking at either the paid version of ToDo or I think something called Omni. I do not have Mobile Me and am kind of leary about trying that since I don't have a Mac (yet). I'd like to be able to sync with a corresponding desktop app, but it's not necessary. Any suggestions? And if you have any info on Mobile Me (specifically is it worth the money and will it work with PC), then I would appreciate that too.
Thanks,
Gray

shrli

Dec 14, 2009
organiser

Hey Gray,
Have just noticed a question you posted regarding an organiser for the iPHone. Like you I would also like to assign colours to tasks etc as well as have a week view, with 30 min appointments. Have you followed this through and found something yet? I'm new to iPhone but am already missing my paper organiser. But I want to persevere.
shrli

Dec 12, 2009
A recently released application "Day Analyzer" might be helpful.
check it out at the App store.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Saisuke calendar (app store) lets you select colors for appointments but...it has no alerts unless you sync it with google calendar...and then the alerts are sent by email I think...nothing audible. I use stock calendar if I need an audible alert. I miss this as I used Palm before iPhone. Haven't found any other solutions.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Just checked out Day Analyzer and it just tracks time spent on activities. Not what I'm looking for...but...I found an app called Pocket Informant..which I believe is used on other platforms. The screen shots show different color dots on the calendar. Has Todo list and Get Things Done function. The downside is it costs $10. Trying to figure out if it has it's own alerts or has to sync with Google. I am not interested in syncing my calendar online.
EDIT: Google calendar sync is needed for audible alarm...bummer.
Still a robust PIM though if you needed color coded events. If you don't mind Google sync...it's all gravy.

kapolani

Bronze
Oct 2, 2009
Maryland
You could always use the native calendar app and create different calendars with Google Calendars. This will allow you to color code your types of events. You could active sync as well and have events pushed to and from your phone.

fithgear66

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
I have 2DO, it is good that is syncs tasks from ical to the phone, but it does not sync/support events.

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
I currently use Contactizer Pro on my Mac and am impatiently waiting for their iPhone Companion app that will sync directly to Contactizer. Think of CP as Outlook for Mac...only since it's on Mac, it works great. Multiple calendars, tasks manager, contact manager, project manager, communication manager...good stuff! Not sure what will port over into the iPhone, but I believe it will port the tasks, calendar and contacts...the basics for a good PIM on a smartphone! At least that's what I'm hoping! The program cost is a bit steep, but I got it in a bundle...so did ok.

Check it out here: www.objectivedecision.com. (Don't worry, I don't work for the company...just really like the product!)

Diacarta

Jun 24, 2010
Diacarta

the solution is diacarta. totally revolutionary graphical based day planner/task manager. making text based planners a thing of the past. released tomorrow on the app store.

www.dia-carta.com

twitter @diacarta

Caliphone

Bronze
Aug 7, 2008
Bakersfield
I use calengoo - syncs with google calendar on your desktop. Looks like a day runner

Diacarta

Jun 24, 2010
Diacarta now in New & Noteworthy on Apple store

Check out our YouTube video to see how easy and fun it is to play and organize your day!

jake@dia-carta.com

annabraga

Jan 24, 2011
It's been 2 years since I replaced my Palm for an iPhone. Since the , I have become much less organized. I terribly miss the to do with repeating tasks and the alarm for tasks on the day they are due. I have tried Tasks on Mac, but I was very disappointed. Has anyone found anything close to the Palm agenda and to do? I am such a computer person but I am almost going back to paper.
Thanks,
Anna B

evelina

Apr 15, 2011
It's been 2 years since I replaced my Palm for an iPhone. Since the , I have become much less organized. I terribly miss the to do with repeating tasks and the alarm for tasks on the day they are due. I have tried Tasks on Mac, but I was very disappointed. Has anyone found anything close to the Palm agenda and to do? I am such a computer person but I am almost going back to paper.
Thanks,
Anna B
well, I suggest you new ,,Plan" app. It's very simple, move events in one drag&drop, it even tries to guess events time. I fell in love immendiately :) hope it helped!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plan/id428005487?mt=8&ls=1#