Organizing music in anticipation?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
Anybody making sure all their music in iTunes has the proper album art? Would be a shame to have to see the standard two eighth notes instead of nice colorful art work.:cool:

T-HAN

Bronze
May 11, 2007
Already have a playlist ready with songs, podcasts, and a couple movies ready for the iPhone...

MadDog31

Bronze
May 15, 2007
Wilmington, NC
www.bitterfans.com
I'm nearly finished preparing 12,000 songs. :-\ Right now I have to go through my album art and make sure one cover shows for multiple songs instead of that small glitch that shows multiple versions of the same cover for multiple songs. Pain in the ass!

latinnftl

Bronze
Mar 19, 2007
I have also spent a few months getting all the artwork and making a playlist. Plus I got all of the Gorillaz and Gnarles Barkley videos ready to go!
Do you have any suggestions other than the iTunes sites for the artwork? So many of the albums either don't seem to get attached to the artwork when I go through the process or they are missing the artwork complete.

MadDog31

Bronze
May 15, 2007
Wilmington, NC
www.bitterfans.com
Amazon wasn't bad. Honestly, Media Monkey saved my tail when it came to album art. Plus there's a program called TuneSleeve that did a decent job just finding basic album art, didn't consider the song, just the artist. But Media Monkey more than did what it had to for me.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
Every night I work on the Album art for my library. I like to find the highest resolution version of the album art I can. I then crop it as necessary so there aren't any ugly borders as well as color correct it. It is time consuming, but I figure it is worth it. I may get an AppleTV sometime down the road and then I will really be able to appreciate the high res artwork.