Organizing photos

Jun 10, 2011
What is the best way to organize my photos? It seems that the is just no way to do it on ipad2.

Sep 25, 2011
Same problem here , I have double pic and can't delete it
I'm a newb have managed to b
Down load pics from iPhone to iPad but the loaded out of order chronologically & don't know how to fix

Sep 25, 2011
Same problem here , I have double pic and can't delete it
I'm a newb have managed to b
Down load pics from iPhone to iPad but the loaded out of order chronologically & don't know how to fix

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Download the pictures from your ipad to your computer and organize them on your computer in a folder and then sync them back onto your ipad. Sucks but it's the only solution that I know of. I'm not sure but ios 5 may allow for photo organization and it will hopefully be out in the next 3-4 weeks.

alamarco

Bronze
Nov 28, 2008
Canada
myfigurecollection.net
As Mickeylittle mentioned, syncing via a folder is the only way to sync photos. The only issue with this is you can't have sub-folders and sometimes photo order is random.

I still haven't found the time to look, but I'm positive there is a photo app out there that allows these type of features. For example, AVPlayerHD allows sub-folders and re-ordering of video files. You can sync via iTunes with the file sharing features and just drag and drop into the app. I'm sure an app like this exists for photos.

edit: I've only searched quickly, but Photo-Sort (from Romain HENRY) might help you out. It has sub-folders, you can import via iTunes File Sharing, import from the Camera Roll (and I believe other albums on the phone), etc. Really Photo-Sort seems like the best app at the moment.

Photo-Sort is $1.99 in the App Store.

John Tierney

Heretic
Bronze
May 1, 2011
Massachusetts
There is an app on Cydia called PhotoAlbums+. It's a great tool that allows you to create albums and move pics around as you wish right from your iPad. I highly recommend it.

Db019y

Sep 29, 2011
You'll be able to manage photos, create folders and even edit photos on your ipad with ios 5

Oct 10, 2011
There's an app called: photo manager pro that will do what you're asking for. Just play around with it. It's great!

Db019y

Sep 29, 2011
There are multiple Apps that would help organize photos. The new iOS 5 has some photo organizing capabilities. Best way is to organize on the computer in whatever program used to import photos. Create sub folders which when syn ced back onto the ipad will become photo albums.

KevTN

Bronze
Jan 16, 2011
Open photos....at the top click albums...click edit and create album pick pics and go to the next one...pretty simple

May 31, 2012
Hello, I am new to iPad and I've been searching here. Iread 'new os5 will allow folders' but I don't know OS version is this ipad but I can't find it. I finally found out how to move the icons around but I cannot put them in folders. It is the new iPad 3. Is there some way in this version to pull it off? I don't need this for photos - I want to put the apps in folders. :^)

Thank you for any ideas.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Hello, I am new to iPad and I've been searching here. Iread 'new os5 will allow folders' but I don't know OS version is this ipad but I can't find it. I finally found out how to move the icons around but I cannot put them in folders. It is the new iPad 3. Is there some way in this version to pull it off? I don't need this for photos - I want to put the apps in folders. :^)

Thank you for any ideas.
Go to Settings, about. That will tell you which iOS you have. If its the iPad 3, it's probably at least 5.1
On making folders: tap & hold an icon until it wiggles, then drag it onto another icon. This will create a folder for you. You can also rename the folder as well.
Folders for photos: go to your photo roll & press the arrow that hooks to the right. Select a few photos.
ImageUploadedByiCafe1338503462.127448.jpg

Select ADD TO
And you should see the option to create a new folder:
ImageUploadedByiCafe1338503501.300422.jpg

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL

Thank you for any ideas.
It's the same way for all versions and devices. Here is a link that explains how to put apps in folders.

http://thehowto.wikidot.com/create-folder-for-ipad-apps

May 31, 2012
Oh! You both ROCK! Thank you and so fast too! Yes, it says 5.1.1 (just bought a week ago). Thank you so much! :D