Organizing photos

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bonnie Schenk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Bonnie Schenk

Bonnie Schenk New Member

What is the best way to organize my photos? It seems that the is just no way to do it on ipad2.

2. Fouadmf

Fouadmf New Member

Same problem here , I have double pic and can't delete it

3. Chockyluva

Chockyluva New Member

I'm a newb have managed to b
    Down load pics from iPhone to iPad but the loaded out of order chronologically & don't know how to fix

4. Chockyluva

Chockyluva New Member

I'm a newb have managed to b
    Down load pics from iPhone to iPad but the loaded out of order chronologically & don't know how to fix

5. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Download the pictures from your ipad to your computer and organize them on your computer in a folder and then sync them back onto your ipad. Sucks but it's the only solution that I know of. I'm not sure but ios 5 may allow for photo organization and it will hopefully be out in the next 3-4 weeks.

6. alamarco

alamarco Member
    Bronze

As Mickeylittle mentioned, syncing via a folder is the only way to sync photos. The only issue with this is you can't have sub-folders and sometimes photo order is random.

I still haven't found the time to look, but I'm positive there is a photo app out there that allows these type of features. For example, AVPlayerHD allows sub-folders and re-ordering of video files. You can sync via iTunes with the file sharing features and just drag and drop into the app. I'm sure an app like this exists for photos.

edit: I've only searched quickly, but Photo-Sort (from Romain HENRY) might help you out. It has sub-folders, you can import via iTunes File Sharing, import from the Camera Roll (and I believe other albums on the phone), etc. Really Photo-Sort seems like the best app at the moment.

Photo-Sort is $1.99 in the App Store.

7. John Tierney

John Tierney Heretic
    Bronze

There is an app on Cydia called PhotoAlbums+. It's a great tool that allows you to create albums and move pics around as you wish right from your iPad. I highly recommend it.

8. Db019y

Db019y New Member

You'll be able to manage photos, create folders and even edit photos on your ipad with ios 5

9. Ann Mashack

Ann Mashack New Member

There's an app called: photo manager pro that will do what you're asking for. Just play around with it. It's great!

10. Db019y

Db019y New Member

There are multiple Apps that would help organize photos. The new iOS 5 has some photo organizing capabilities. Best way is to organize on the computer in whatever program used to import photos. Create sub folders which when syn ced back onto the ipad will become photo albums.

11. KevTN

KevTN Member
    Bronze

Open photos....at the top click albums...click edit and create album pick pics and go to the next one...pretty simple

12. GingerKoko

GingerKoko New Member

Hello, I am new to iPad and I've been searching here. Iread 'new os5 will allow folders' but I don't know OS version is this ipad but I can't find it. I finally found out how to move the icons around but I cannot put them in folders. It is the new iPad 3. Is there some way in this version to pull it off? I don't need this for photos - I want to put the apps in folders. :^)

Thank you for any ideas.

13. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Go to Settings, about. That will tell you which iOS you have. If its the iPad 3, it's probably at least 5.1
    On making folders: tap & hold an icon until it wiggles, then drag it onto another icon. This will create a folder for you. You can also rename the folder as well.
    Folders for photos: go to your photo roll & press the arrow that hooks to the right. Select a few photos.
    ImageUploadedByiCafe1338503462.127448.jpg
    Select ADD TO
    And you should see the option to create a new folder: ImageUploadedByiCafe1338503501.300422.jpg

14. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

It's the same way for all versions and devices. Here is a link that explains how to put apps in folders.

http://thehowto.wikidot.com/create-folder-for-ipad-apps

15. GingerKoko

GingerKoko New Member

Oh! You both ROCK! Thank you and so fast too! Yes, it says 5.1.1 (just bought a week ago). Thank you so much! :D

16. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You're very welcome! I hope you enjoy your new iPad. It's definitely a fun device! My mom loves it.

17. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Glad you got it squared away :D Enjoy your new device!