Organizing the iOS Contacts custom labels?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Vcoronel127

Bronze
Aug 30, 2011
Ever since the iOS 7 update, the custom labels I have is not alphabetically organized. How can I fix this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You can't. I want to delete some I don't need anymore, but there's no way to do that either. They are just organized in the order they are entered in.
You can delete them with the free app iContacts+. Select any contact, tap edit, then tap the label for that contact. Select edit and scroll down to your custom labels and delete the ones you don't want. These labels will be removed from the stock contacts and phone apps after you do this. I'm running 7.1.1 and just tested it and it still works.
image.jpg

Vcoronel127

Bronze
Aug 30, 2011
You can delete them with the free app iContacts+. Select any contact, tap edit, then tap the label for that contact. Select edit and scroll down to your custom labels and delete the ones you don't want. These labels will be removed from the stock contacts and phone apps after you do this. I'm running 7.1.1 and just tested it and it still works.
View attachment 37622
Thanks

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
View attachment 37622
Thanks! Those lists were getting long. I went wild with it a while back. :rolleyes:

polatnik

Oct 24, 2015
Thanks a lot, Europa!
I just did and it will help.
The next question is now how I put back into alphabetical order my custom labels.
I still have a lot of them, because I need them, and it's awfully complicated to go through all of them.