Original iPhone 2.2 unlock unsuccessful?

boxta

May 15, 2007
Hi guys,

I have the original iPhone, and has jailbroken it and restored it when 2.x come out. It's at 2.2 now.

I just got the iPhone 3G.. and intend to give my original iPhone to my wife.. who's on tmobile right now.

I proceed to use quickpwn to jailbreak unlock it. the whole process went through smoothly.. but when it rebooted, it show the incorrect sim detected message on the iPhone.. and it's emergency number only.. when i connect to itune.. it says sim not supported

when i pull the tmo sim out.. the phone seems to have everything in place.. including installer and cydia..

so what do i need to do now? to unlock it for my wife?

currentlly phone is on 2.2 (5G77) and model firmware is 04.05.04_G

please help

thanks

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
when it asks if you have an iPhone contract that would activate normally through iTunes? or something along those lines, did you say no? this is where you unlock the iPhone. could be your issue if you clicked yes.

boxta

May 15, 2007
when it asks if you have an iPhone contract that would activate normally through iTunes? or something along those lines, did you say no? this is where you unlock the iPhone. could be your issue if you clicked yes.
hmm. it never got so far.
i always have the iPhone.. and i am on ATT... i bought 3G, took out my old sim on the old iPhone.. put hers in.. and run quickpwn..
then it succeeded.. but emergency only still .. putting through iTunes just show invalid sim message without any steps to follow

thanks

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
If you retore through iTunes first and the run QUickPwn there shoud be no need for iTunes again after the first restore.

Activation does not require iTunes.

Do it all again, follow this tutorial exactly and you'll be fine.

hookitlow

Jan 4, 2008
If you retore through iTunes first and the run QUickPwn there shoud be no need for iTunes again after the first restore.

Do you have a tuturial for mac? I have an original iPhone that I am desperatly trying to unlock and can't find the info anywhere. I JB using quickpwn but see no option to unlock. Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

boxta

May 15, 2007
thanks.. restoring before quickpwn does the trick...

thanks.. restoring before quickpwn does the trick...

blacksheep5

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
Iraq
I am having this same problem but I did follow the tutorial exactly and it still does the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator: