Orlando, Fl

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rseilham

Jun 9, 2007
Any campers for Orlando, FL around here?
I live in Orlando (Winter Park/Maitland, north burbs'). I really want an iPhone, but I'm not sure if I want to camp out for one yet. I don't mind waiting a few hours, but all night? We'll see.

Do you plan to wait at an Apple Store (Millennia / Florida Mall) or an ATT store? From reading around the general opinion is an ATT store would give you a better chance. Hell, even Steve Jobs said not to go to an Apple store.

I work around UCF and know a lot of techie people who love Apple and the iPhone, but haven't found 1 person who's going to buy it the first day, which I found surprising. It also makes me think that an overnight camp out might not be necessary (but I could be completely wrong), but just an early morning wait (like 6am).

Let me know what your plans are and maybe I'll hitch along.

Toranz82

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
Florida
I have no clue wat the hell im doing yet...but yes when i do go and buy it i'll def go to an att store so i can ask about wat plan i should get and stuff...plus i know A LOT of people are probably going to the millenia mall... I'm going to decide what im doing after June 11th WWDC speech

Josh

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
I work over in Ocoee and will be getting off shift at 7am the morning of the 29th. I'll probably find the closest AT&T store and just sit in line there until they open, or until I fall asleep.

rseilham

Jun 9, 2007
I work over in Ocoee and will be getting off shift at 7am the morning of the 29th. I'll probably find the closest AT&T store and just sit in line there until they open, or until I fall asleep.
Yeah, I'm a little north of downtown, so I'll probably look at an ATT store near Maitland/Winter Park.

To everyone in Orlando....Do any of you know many people that are going to try and get an iPhone on the first day? Like I said before, I work at a place that is filled with technology freaks, but haven't found one person who's going to jump on this the first day. Just going off that alone, I doubt there will be huge lines.

Hopefully Steve will release more information tomorrow.

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
im in orlando also. i live over my UCF, where i go to school. EVERYONE i have talked to about the iPhone seems really interested in it, but no one i know plans on getting one the first day which makes me feel like i should have no problem getting one. i wont be surprised if i get one no problem, but at the same time i wouldn't be surprised if there was a ridiculous line...

anyway, i have no idea where im going for my phone. millenia mall is a little too far, consdiering i have no idea what time i need to be out there. i guess i will try to find a big corporate store near by and call them a couple days in advance to see how they plan on handling the masses and what time it will be sold at. anyone have any ideas of a good corporate store around the UCF, Winter Park, maitland, or altamonte area that you think will get a good supply of phones?

as far as people debating over the 6pm time and what not, im SURE that on the 29th you could call any store and they will tell you exactly what time they plan on selling the phone, whether it be first thing in the morning, or at 6pm after they set up a little display, so really no worrying about that.

ccarlson6

May 5, 2007
im in orlando also. i live over my UCF, where i go to school. EVERYONE i have talked to about the iPhone seems really interested in it, but no one i know plans on getting one the first day which makes me feel like i should have no problem getting one. i wont be surprised if i get one no problem, but at the same time i wouldn't be surprised if there was a ridiculous line...

anyway, i have no idea where im going for my phone. millenia mall is a little too far, consdiering i have no idea what time i need to be out there. i guess i will try to find a big corporate store near by and call them a couple days in advance to see how they plan on handling the masses and what time it will be sold at. anyone have any ideas of a good corporate store around the UCF, Winter Park, maitland, or altamonte area that you think will get a good supply of phones?

as far as people debating over the 6pm time and what not, im SURE that on the 29th you could call any store and they will tell you exactly what time they plan on selling the phone, whether it be first thing in the morning, or at 6pm after they set up a little display, so really no worrying about that.
There is a At&T store that I use all the time, it is on Red Bug Lake, across the street from the Oviedo Mall; it is a corp. store and they will have the iPhone.

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
There is a At&T store that I use all the time, it is on Red Bug Lake, across the street from the Oviedo Mall; it is a corp. store and they will have the iPhone.
is that in the shopping center next to quiznos and jared gallery of jewlery, ect? thats a good spot because theres also another cingular store further down the road at the corner of red bug/tusk. so if anything happened your only 5 minutes from another store. i really prey that store your talking about gets them, cause thats probablly where ill be headed since its so close to my place

rseilham

Jun 9, 2007
is that in the shopping center next to quiznos and jared gallery of jewlery, ect? thats a good spot because theres also another cingular store further down the road at the corner of red bug/tusk. so if anything happened your only 5 minutes from another store. i really prey that store your talking about gets them, cause thats probablly where ill be headed since its so close to my place
Yeah, I'm considering the Red Bug store, but I might try Waterford as well. There are two stores that literally face each other in Waterford! I think only one is a corporate store though. There are a bunch of corporate stores down near the mall at millennia, that's a little out of my way...but at least there is a good cluster of stores down there. Also, most people that make their way down there will probably clog the Apple Store.

If you guys go to the Red Bug store, what time do you think you'll get in line?

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Yeah, I'm considering the Red Bug store, but I might try Waterford as well. There are two stores that literally face each other in Waterford! I think only one is a corporate store though. There are a bunch of corporate stores down near the mall at millennia, that's a little out of my way...but at least there is a good cluster of stores down there. Also, most people that make their way down there will probably clog the Apple Store.

If you guys go to the Red Bug store, what time do you think you'll get in line?
no idea, i was kind of trying to feel that out on these boards and see what time i need to be out there. i was thinking maybe drive by there aound 7 or 730 ish, and see if there is anyone out there.

rseilham

Jun 9, 2007
no idea, i was kind of trying to feel that out on these boards and see what time i need to be out there. i was thinking maybe drive by there aound 7 or 730 ish, and see if there is anyone out there.
Yeah, I was thinking about getting out there early in the day, but with the time of release being pushed back to 6pm, I'll probably try for the mid afternoon. I might drive by and see if there are lines earlier than this.

I bet they aren't even delivered to the stores until after 4pm. I highly doubt they'll let the phones sit in a stock room for a few days.

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Yeah, I was thinking about getting out there early in the day, but with the time of release being pushed back to 6pm, I'll probably try for the mid afternoon. I might drive by and see if there are lines earlier than this.

I bet they aren't even delivered to the stores until after 4pm. I highly doubt they'll let the phones sit in a stock room for a few days.
see i don't think its going to sell at 6pm. i really think that the store will start selling them in the morning once they wake up. im going to call a few store the night before and ask, im sure they will let you know what time they r going on sale

rseilham

Jun 9, 2007
see i don't think its going to sell at 6pm. i really think that the store will start selling them in the morning once they wake up. im going to call a few store the night before and ask, im sure they will let you know what time they r going on sale
Well, as much as I wish they would start selling these things earlier than 6pm, I sure hope that ATT doesn't sell early. It would make the whole day very confusing and probably one large egg hunt.

I am banking on the fact that FedEx will probably do an afternoon delivery of the iPhones to all the ATT/Apple Stores and the early afternoon might be the first time any store receives them. I know the Apple store will probably do this, but I also think the ATT might close shop around 4-6pm and then re-open for the iPhone release. If this was just an Apple thing, I'd say "no chance" before 6pm, but with ATT involved, who the heck knows.

I'll call around before that Friday and post whatever information I can find, so we can all figure out the Orlando iPhone situation!

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Well, as much as I wish they would start selling these things earlier than 6pm, I sure hope that ATT doesn't sell early. It would make the whole day very confusing and probably one large egg hunt.

I am banking on the fact that FedEx will probably do an afternoon delivery of the iPhones to all the ATT/Apple Stores and the early afternoon might be the first time any store receives them. I know the Apple store will probably do this, but I also think the ATT might close shop around 4-6pm and then re-open for the iPhone release. If this was just an Apple thing, I'd say "no chance" before 6pm, but with ATT involved, who the heck knows.

I'll call around before that Friday and post whatever information I can find, so we can all figure out the Orlando iPhone situation!
sounds good to me

Toranz82

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
Florida

yes i plan to go to the att store the 25th or 26th to ask about when i should come to buy the iPhone and stuff to see wat they say

Jun 16, 2007
Hey!

New here, but I WILL be camping in Orlando at the Millennia Mall Apple Store. My wife may join me by camping at the AT&T store in the same mall. I have already spoken with them, and they said they will have the iPhones.

I know there isn't much local buzz, but I just bet there will be crazy lines for this thing! I hope I get one, but I don't want to wait in line all day for NOTHING! I wish we knew how many they will be getting, so we can estimate our chances in line.

It would be in Apple/AT&T's interest to let folks in line (past a certain point) that they have no shot at a launch day phone...

Anybody out there going to join me at Millennia?

johnchet

Jun 9, 2007
Mee too!

Hey, I will be at the Apple Store @ Millenia with my a buddy or two from work. I am afraid there will be more iPhone buyers than you think. Hopefully, having the Apple Store @ The Florida Mall so close will help cut down lines.... not to mention the several AT&Ts around.

Right now I plan on getting there around Noon.

See you in less than two weeks...

Hey!

New here, but I WILL be camping in Orlando at the Millennia Mall Apple Store. My wife may join me by camping at the AT&T store in the same mall. I have already spoken with them, and they said they will have the iPhones.

I know there isn't much local buzz, but I just bet there will be crazy lines for this thing! I hope I get one, but I don't want to wait in line all day for NOTHING! I wish we knew how many they will be getting, so we can estimate our chances in line.

It would be in Apple/AT&T's interest to let folks in line (past a certain point) that they have no shot at a launch day phone...

Anybody out there going to join me at Millennia?