Ortiz-Mayweather

Aug 5, 2011
Anyone know of links to the livestream? Please share. Thanks!

Go Ortiz! Beat the hell out of that Mayweather.

[mod edited for homophobic content]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Anyone know of links to the livestream? Please share. Thanks!

Go Ortiz! Beat the hell out of that Mayweather.

[mod edited for homophobic content]

Please keep the homophobic content out of our forum.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Got a link for the Silva v Okami fight?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Jackc95

Bronze
Jun 9, 2010
Who won the fight btw?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Mayweather knocked him out in the 4th. Hit him on the break when Ortiz didn't have his hands up, after Ortiz had headbutted him in the corner and tried to apologize. I think the apology was not accepted.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
And intentional headbutts are fair game? At least Mayweather settled it with his fists.
Now, you know that headbutts happen quite often in boxing. Hitting someone in the middle of an apology and hug is, IMO, very different. Both fighters were in the wrong, though.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Now, you know that headbutts happen quite often in boxing. Hitting someone in the middle of an apology and hug is, IMO, very different. Both fighters were in the wrong, though.
Headbutts do happen often, but I've watched a lot of boxing for a lot of years and that was one of the most blatant, obviously intentional ones I've ever seen. For me, any fighter who does that is asking for a no-quarter response from his opponent.

Mayweather did not hit him in the middle of an apology and hug. Ortiz had already done that, the referee had said 'Time in' to let them know the fight was back on, they touched gloves and then Ortiz was caught daydreaming. Very dumb on his part, especially after trying out that outrageous headbutt.

The punches Mayweather threw were totally legal and it's Ortiz' fault for not being ready to fight when the ref told them to.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Headbutts do happen often, but I've watched a lot of boxing for a lot of years and that was one of the most blatant, obviously intentional ones I've ever seen. For me, any fighter who does that is asking for a no-quarter response from his opponent.

Mayweather did not hit him in the middle of an apology and hug. Ortiz had already done that, the referee had said 'Time in' to let them know the fight was back on, they touched gloves and then Ortiz was caught daydreaming. Very dumb on his part, especially after trying out that outrageous headbutt.

The punches Mayweather threw were totally legal and it's Ortiz' fault for not being ready to fight when the ref told them to.
I didn't realize that the ref called time in, so I guess Ortiz got caught with his pants down, so to speak.