OS 3.0 Beta Incompatible 3rd Party Apps

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Figure it would be nice to have a single thread with a list of 3rd party apps which appear to be incompatible with OS 3.0.

To start:

Byline
i.TV

nfl46

Mar 5, 2008
Facebook. The pictures doesn't show up in it.

But, Joe (creator of Facebook for the iPhone) just started working on 3.0, which I'm guessing will be out this summer.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Rooms: If you restore as new and lose your connection settings, it is impossible to set them again in 3.0

Orblive: Quickplay does not work. There is no way to input the channel number directly due to keyboard weirdness

Panorama: Still works, but much slower and tends to crash every few pictures or when renedering. Project is saved for when you return, but using this app is pretty rough in 3.0

Voice Keyboard: Newest update seems to fix the no sound issue for me, but performance is greatly diminished in this app.

Night Camera: Doesn't seem to work for me anymore. It's too sensitive and never fires, and I can't open settings.

stape

Dec 13, 2007
iSend MMS crashes after adding a user / phone carrier.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
File Magnet - Crashes when you try to go back to main File Magnet menu.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Blackjack21 - works, but having trouble with swipe actions left to right (to Stand)
Evernote - quite flaky - crashes back to home screen (some) and individual notes taking forever to load
SpeakEasy – will not start recording – stuck on ‘Wait for the beep’
Droppler = gets stuck on password entry for a drop and won’t accept Cancel or OK
RepairPal – fails to launch – says it requires an internet connection, even while WiFi is on and Safari is loading pages
Multi-Photo Email – not a happy camper – crashes back to home screen when trying to send
Yelp – has alignment issues on screen title bars, and will not load search screen

I have a post at my site on apps and compatibility here as well ...

morth58

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
Orblive: Quickplay does not work. There is no way to input the channel number directly due to keyboard weirdness

quikplay works for me. anyone else? haven't noticed any problems with the keyboard

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
quikplay works for me. anyone else? haven't noticed any problems with the keyboard

Weird, it's back! Trust me, I tried it about 3 or 4 times since going 3.0, after hard reboots and everything, and I kept getting the alphabet keyboard with no button to switch over to numbers. Now that I check again, the normal number keypad is back. I don't know what the story is there...

morth58

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
i'm not saying i don't believe you. I recall that first day a lot of people had keyboard issues. i personally have not seen any. i use orblive a lot so i'll post if i see any weirdness.

mitchellm4

Bronze
Jan 21, 2009
Greensboro, NC
ambiance
isniper
lightbike
guitarist
nightvision
distant shores

i think thats it, if i find anything else, i will post now

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
44 jotts...lmultimedia..doesn't even open
ToDo (appigo) entry settings page is blank

ANY app that draws on your contacts...crashes when contacts are accessed.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Cannon Challenge, which was always a hit-or-miss, prone-to-crash memory hog, apparently does not load at all in 3.0.... shame, I love this simple game, and the lack of updates for it makes me think it will be abandoned.