os 3.0

red apple

Jun 3, 2009
does any body know when the date for the next release is ? i have looked but all i can find is summer 2009 (what a pain in the ass)

swampduck

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
shortly after the Polar Shift, give or take a week

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Sometime next week during WWDC, more likely monday when then announce the new iPhone. That's when they will tell us everything about the new os.

red apple

Jun 3, 2009
awesome i have to admit i was a little sceptical about the iPhone when i got it two months ago but now i love it if i could marry it i would lmao but i cant so will just have to settle for lovin it

hitrho5

Bronze
Jun 26, 2008
Florida
With any luck, the Apple iPhone firmware developers might upload the 3.0 firmware to server during the keynote. I just want to get it ASAP. In my opinion, Apple should have just started developin 3.0 without saying anything to the public. Then, we would all wonder why no updates are being release and next week we would all be VERY pleasanty surprised. Now that I know almost everything about the 3.0 firmware, the anticipation is killing me!grrrrr.....

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
With any luck, the Apple iPhone firmware developers might upload the 3.0 firmware to server during the keynote. I just want to get it ASAP. In my opinion, Apple should have just started developin 3.0 without saying anything to the public. Then, we would all wonder why no updates are being release and next week we would all be VERY pleasanty surprised. Now that I know almost everything about the 3.0 firmware, the anticipation is killing me!grrrrr.....
I'm thinking since we are seeing iTunes so early this year we might be seeing the iPhone and os 3.0 much earlier too. Maybe 3.0 during WWDC and the new iPhone the following week. Hey that could make sense: iTunes 8.2 Monday June 1st, OS 3.0 Monday June 8th, then iPhone 3rd gen Monday June 15th.

hitrho5

Bronze
Jun 26, 2008
Florida
I'm thinking since we are seeing iTunes so early this year we might be seeing the iPhone and os 3.0 much earlier too. Maybe 3.0 during WWDC and the new iPhone the following week. Hey that could make sense: iTunes 8.2 Monday June 1st, OS 3.0 Monday June 5th, then iPhone 3rd gen Monday June 15th.
lol. :laugh2: Maybe. We'll just have to wait and see. I also hope that push notification is added to the skype app. I would improve it a lot.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
lol. :laugh2: Maybe. We'll just have to wait and see. I also hope that push notification is added to the skype app. I would improve it a lot.
Haha :laugh2: I am just ready for this new phone! I think we are going to see push enabled in ways we aren't even thinking of at this time, the test AP news one was nice and worked flawlessly for me.

hitrho5

Bronze
Jun 26, 2008
Florida
Haha :laugh2: I am just ready for this new phone! I think we are going to see push enabled in ways we aren't even thinking of at this time, the test AP news one was nice and worked flawlessly for me.
3 apps i think would be cool: microsoft office, live tv app :) , and skype with push notification

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
3 apps i think would be cool: microsoft office, live tv app :) , and skype with push notification
Those would be great to have. I could see maybe a paid Apple app that we could add for microsoft office, if Apple made it there would be better connection and no restrictions between it and the email app. We have the Sling app for live tv, but you have to use it over wifi which is something I don't see changing anytime soon. AT&T unfortunately just can't handle that much traffic right now. And with sling you have to have the sling box and the app that costs $30.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm thinking since we are seeing iTunes so early this year we might be seeing the iPhone and os 3.0 much earlier too. Maybe 3.0 during WWDC and the new iPhone the following week. Hey that could make sense: iTunes 8.2 Monday June 1st, OS 3.0 Monday June 5th, then iPhone 3rd gen Monday June 15th.
You (we all) wish! :laugh2:

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I've taking my niece to the local Apple store to get a TV cable for her Macbook on June 9th. The employees are probably all gonna think I'm hopped up on goofballs.