OS 4.0 Beta 2 Bugs

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
First bug I have noticed on Beta 2 is that the phone will not go into Airplane mode nor will it turn WiFi off..... everything else is working well for me...

~S

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
My wifi and airplane mode on/off buttons work just fine.

I knew something was up with the end call button. I could tell something changed but without something to compare it to I couldn't pick it out even though it is as simple as a word missing.

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
Just noticed that the app store app will not let me install updates. I get a "connect to wifi or use iTunes" message when i try to install even though I'm connected to wifi.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Yeah I think I reported that one somewhere on here. Also reported it to Apple and it is a known bug that they are working on fixing.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Can you guys take pictures?
No not a single iPhone on 4.0 b2 can take pictures or video. This is the biggest bug in b2. It doesn't matter if you use the stock camera app or an app store one. Let alone anything that writes to the camera roll. The camera is just fine, but it cannot write the picture/video to the camera roll so it just hangs there trying over and over to write.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
No not a single iPhone on 4.0 b2 can take pictures or video. This is the biggest bug in b2. It doesn't matter if you use the stock camera app or an app store one. Let alone anything that writes to the camera roll. The camera is just fine, but it cannot write the picture/video to the camera roll so it just hangs there trying over and over to write.
Not technically true, the camera works if you open it through the messages app. Thats my workaround for the time being.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Not technically true, the camera works if you open it through the messages app. Thats my workaround for the time being.
What I said is true lol. I said anything that writes to the camera roll hangs and will not work. The camera in the messages app doesn't write to the camera roll, it places the picture in the messages app only. Try and "Save Image" from the messages app and see what happens it won't work. Maybe I didn't add that fact in even though I think I found the workaround. One too many beta bugs forums :sneaky:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Just noticed that the app store app will not let me install updates. I get a "connect to wifi or use iTunes" message when i try to install even though I'm connected to wifi.
Same here. When I update the apps through iTunes and then sync my iPhone, all my folders are gone and all my apps are back in alphabetical order. I'm not gonna use the folders until final release. What a pain! Hopefully beta 3 fixes that part.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I just went through the normal app store process to install the update. i.e. through searching for the app and downloading it from there instead of from the updates screen

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
Same here. When I update the apps through iTunes and then sync my iPhone, all my folders are gone and all my apps are back in alphabetical order. I'm not gonna use the folders until final release. What a pain! Hopefully beta 3 fixes that part.
Once i installed the SDK, i was able to update apps from iTunes and sync and my folders remained.... I guess the SDK adds that functionality to the iTunes sync...

~S