OS 5 Password Problems!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Dec 5, 2011
I just downloaded OS 5 for my iPhone 4. During initial setup/synch it asks me for a password. When I enter the password I used with the phone in 4.6 I get an "Incorrect password, please try again'" kind of response and my phone won't synch. HELP!
screen-capture-2.png
screen-capture-1.png

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
If you encrypt an iPhone backup in iTunes and then forget your password, you will not be able to restore from backup and your data will be unrecoverable. If you forget the password you can continue to do backups and use the device, however you will not be able to restore the encrypted backup to any device without the password. You do not need to enter the password for your backup each time you back up or sync. If you cannot remember the password and want to start again, you will have to do a full software restore and when prompted by iTunes to select the backup to restore from, choose Set up as a new device. But first, delete all iPhone backups listed under iTunes>Preferences>Devices.

Dec 5, 2011
Thanks. Is it not the same password that I use on the phone itself when it asks permissoin to downlaod software, app updates, etc?

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
No, it's not your Apple Id unless of course you used the same one. I also believe it may be "case sensitive" so if you used caps on any part of the password you we need to enter it that way.