OS X 10.8.5 Unleashed!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X' started by Rafagon, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

The cherry-flavored OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5 Update is recommended for all OS X Mountain Lion users living in the demilitarized zone. It improves the stability, sexiness, compatibility, and security of your Mac. This update:

- Fixes an issue that may prevent Mail from displaying messages
    - Improves AFP file transfer performance over 802.11ac Wi-Fi
    - Resolves an issue that may prevent a screen saver from starting automatically
    - Improves Xsan reliability
    - Improves reliability when transferring large files over Ethernet
    - Improves performance when authenticating to an Open Directory server
    - Addresses an issue that prevented a smart card from unlocking preference panes in System Preferences
    - Contains the improvements included in MacBook Air (Mid 2013) Software Update 1.0
    - The Mac OS X logo has undergone a subtle facelift (see below)

10.8.5.jpg

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

3. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Can I preorder this outside of China?

Sent using iCafe app

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

*sigh of relief*... That wasn't bad at all...

Every time I look at the alert drop-down window and see that @Napoleon PhoneApart has replied to a thread I started, I get a little scared. I cautiously place my hand on my Magic Mouse. I move the mouse pointer ever so slowly to the thread title. At this point time seems to stand still, and it gets so quiet that I can hear the hard drive fan diligently cooling the hard drive of my iMac. I hesitate for a second or two. Then I hold my breath, say a little prayer, and gently let my right index finger make the click. At that point, there's no turning back. I'm ready to face the music. The bytes of data fly in slow motion from the router towards my Mac's Wi-Fi circuitry. I feel like I can almost see them. I look at the screen and read His reply, and usually feel very relieved. I realize I was just being paranoid.

5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I think you misread my post. Bullet point number four reads Xsan compatibility, not Asian compatibility.

This update has nothing to do with your geographical location.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Lol. I like how you capitalized "His" as if he is a god. He'll probably get a kick out of that.

7. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

"As if?" You may want to edit that before he sees it... :)