[OSX] Video+Pic Guide: Jailbreak Firmware 2.2 with Quickpwn

DualcoreX

Nov 21, 2008
How to Jailbreak 2.2

Video Guide:

In this guide i will explain how to jailbreak your iPhone 3g, iPhone edge, or ipod touch 1g on the new 2.2 firmware. Before you begin make sure you are on a stock 2.2 firmware. I do not recommend starting from a jailbroken 2.1 device. Just start fresh. If you need to know how to restore your firmware check out our guide here: Restoring your Device

Step 1:
Go to the Dev Team iPhone Blog to download Quickpwn 2.2. Scroll down until you find the download section. Download Quickpwn 2.2 for your operating system

Step 2:
Open up the Quickpwn application

Step 3:
Click 'ok' on the dialog box

Step 4:
Connect your device to your computer and then click 'ok' on the dialog box

Step 5:
When Quickpwn asks you to change your boot logos I recommend you don't. If something goes wrong and your stuck at the boot logo with a nice little pineApple, Apple will not replace your device. Protect your investment and click no

Step 6:
Quickpwn will now build the IPSW. Just wait about 1 min

Last edited by a moderator:

DualcoreX

Nov 21, 2008
Step 7:
Turn off your device

Step 8:
Now you are going to put your device into DFU mode. Just follow the on-screen instructions and you will be fine. This mode enables Quickpwn to flash your device.

Step 9:
An iTunes error popup might appear. Just hit ok

Step 10:
Now Quickpwn will do its magic. You should see this information on your screen

and then

Step 11:
Now a dialog box should appear under Quickpwn. Hit 'ok' but do not disconnect your device from your computer. In fact, don't touch it!

Step 12:
Your iPhone or iPod Touch's screen should show this image with a progress bar. This takes about 1-2 min.

Step 13:
Your iPhone should reboot and you will be good to go!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
good tutorial... as long as it wasn't lifted from another iPhone forum...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Good tutorial. I linked to it in my stickied jailbreaking thread.

BigGameJames

Bronze
Nov 21, 2008
whats the difference between cydia and installer?

where do i go from here?

I want to change some things like sms sounds and themes

BigGameJames

Bronze
Nov 21, 2008
by the way I only have installer after following this video.

was i suppose to have cydia too?

BigGameJames

Bronze
Nov 21, 2008
wow nevermind guys..i wasn't looking

i have cydia

SubZero

Nov 26, 2008
Cairo - Egypt
didn't work, am i dong something wrong?

First of all thank you for your post.

I have done exactly as you posted, it i got the same responses from my phone as you mentioned as well, and finally the phone rebooted, but it is still the same, no installer and no Cydia, as if nothing was done! can you help?

My phone is 3G, locked to Vodafone in Egypt, version 2.2

Thanks again.

Step 7:
Turn off your device

Step 8:
Now you are going to put your device into DFU mode. Just follow the on-screen instructions and you will be fine. This mode enables Quickpwn to flash your device.

Step 9:
An iTunes error popup might appear. Just hit ok

Step 10:
Now Quickpwn will do its magic. You should see this information on your screen

and then

Step 11:
Now a dialog box should appear under Quickpwn. Hit 'ok' but do not disconnect your device from your computer. In fact, don't touch it!

Step 12:
Your iPhone or iPod Touch's screen should show this image with a progress bar. This takes about 1-2 min.

Step 13:
Your iPhone should reboot and you will be good to go!

Dec 26, 2008
anyone know why quickpwn won't move past step 9 on my computer? i updated my firmware on my iPhone to 2.2... what's the deal?

aggression

Jan 5, 2009
I am having the same issue. I restored, loaded everything, all was looking good and when the warning from iTunes came up in step 9, things just stopped working. I have the quick pwn screen saying "Quick pwn is about to run on your iPhone 3g." but no files transfer and it doesn't move on. I have tried three times now and each time the same. To get Quick Pwn to close I have to force reboot my entire mac.

Any help would be realllllllllyyyyyyyy great! Thanks.
GS