Other -capacity issues

MzAzzy

Bronze
Jul 19, 2010
I did a complete search on this topic because I thought I read somewhere how to resolve the "other" capacity issue. I have a 32gb and I have 6.2 audio, 1.8 photos, 538 mb apps, and a whopping 20.68 gb of other! How do I delete some of this "@$! ?

I can't add anything else to my phone! Grrr

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Have you tried restoring your phone from a backup?

MzAzzy

Bronze
Jul 19, 2010
Have you tried restoring your phone from a backup?
No because I didn't want to go through the whole set-up again. It takes too long! Is there no other way to resolve this issue?

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I would restore and setup as new and only put the data, music, pictures, apps that you choose back onto the phone and get rid of some of the junk you have collected over time. I had to do this before I know it can be a pain but thats your best bet.

KHB

Jun 1, 2010
Lone Star State
I would restore and setup as new and only put the data, music, pictures, apps that you choose back onto the phone and get rid of some of the junk you have collected over time. I had to do this before I know it can be a pain but thats your best bet.
This worked for me thank you!

MzAzzy

Bronze
Jul 19, 2010
This worked for me thank you!
If I restore as new will it automatically put the new 4.0.2 on my phone? I don't want that because it will mess up my jb:(

saige1r

Bronze
Mar 12, 2010
If you wanna keep your jb, just back up your shsh blobs on cydia. There a few extra steps you'll need to do and other members have posted links to the instructions. I'm lazy right now, so a good bet would be to google "downgrade 4.0.2 to 4.0.1" and follow those directions. =)

MzAzzy

Bronze
Jul 19, 2010
if you wanna keep your jb, just back up your shsh blobs on cydia. There a few extra steps you'll need to do and other members have posted links to the instructions. I'm lazy right now, so a good bet would be to google "downgrade 4.0.2 to 4.0.1" and follow those directions. =)

christmas! I hope i don't brick my phone going through all these steps! L