Other methods to remove Power Support film?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ipod classic

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
hi, I'm just sick of the trapped lint, dust, dirt and bubbles. I guess I just got a little to excited when I first bought it, I rushed to my car and just slapped it on. So foolish of me. So now I'd like to remove it and clean it. So if anybody knows how to remove it safely and neatly besides the given cellophane tape method, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks. What is cellophane tape anyway? Where can I get this? Thanks

Scribblah

Oct 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
hi, I'm just sick of the trapped lint, dust, dirt and bubbles. I guess I just got a little to excited when I first bought it, I rushed to my car and just slapped it on. So foolish of me. So now I'd like to remove it and clean it. So if anybody knows how to remove it beside the given cellophane tape method, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks. What is cellophane tape anyway? Where can I get this? Thanks
I'm interested in the response as well. But cellophane tape is basically like packing tape but smaller. You can find it at any supermarket or pharmacy and pretty much anywhere else along side regular scotch tape.

Here's a more scientifc answer....
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-cellophane-tape.htm

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
The tape method should work fine, scotch tape works just as well. Do it in a steamy bathroom(not too steamy but enough to trap all the dust). Make sure everything is clean.

Jun 26, 2007
i too rushed to put it on
now heres how i took it off
i used scotch tape which worked perfecttly and was not damaging
then i went home and washed it with soapy water
letting it dry was the problem
i couldnt find a place where it could completely dry off without getting dust on it again, nor did i have a wipe or towel to do so with. Note: the iPhone cloth that comes with the phone will not work
and regular paper towels will not work, i even found that they scratched the inside of my protector
hope this helps

rmsalem

Jul 7, 2008
My girlfriend decided to remove herpower support film and pulled it out without using anything. Now half her screen is unresponsive. Any ideas?

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
when you go to put it back on the easiest way is to rub water all over it with your fingers and just put it on the screen and itll stick right to it and you can slide it with ease and when you position it just leave it there and don't touch it for a while the more water the longer itll take. then youll still see little water spots after a day or two but theyll go away

edit

heres a WAYY better tutorial of the method i explained above
http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-template/application/Page
even tho its for the bestskinever skin itll work for yours too. ive done it with the power support film i got from Apple.