Otterbox Defender and screen marks

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by acvor, Apr 27, 2014.

1. acvor

acvor New Member

So I have seen some comments about the Defender causing marks on screen protectors and the glass itself due to the pressure it puts on the top and bottom of the iPhone screen. Apparently this is where the inner polycarb case makes contact with the phone. Has this actually damaged anyone's screen? Or just made marks that will rub off? I am probably returning the case (as much as I love it) because I am worried it will damage the phone, even though I do have a screen protector that covers most of the glass.

Thinking the LifeProof might be a better option. Never thought I would consider paying that much for a case but it sounds like the best option. Just wondering if my phone will fit inside with the Best Skins Ever on it. Also wondering if Verizon will sell the LifeProof as I have a 25% discount with them.

Thanks.

2. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

Lifeproof is thinner and water & dust proof. Also if I'm not mistaken verizon doesn't let you use that discount on lifeproof cases (I get the same 25% on accessories too).

As far as the skins go you should be fine if they are really thin, but you won't be seeing the skins anyway with the case on.

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I've had no problems with my Otterbox Defender on my iPhone 5. I've never heard of the issue presented here. Where did you hear about an Otterbox Defender scratching a screen?

4. Al Vila

Al Vila Member
    Bronze

Never heard of that either , but what I did was put a glass shield on my phone , took out otter box screen protector, and now it's great, people ask me were If I had it made for me... Just a thought

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

The only issues I have with the Defender are bubbles and dirt. No scratches.

6. acvor

acvor New Member

Thanks guy, well noted.

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You're saying you've heard about the scratches, right? For me I've used the Defender for several years and have had no issues besides dirt and bubbles. Let us know which case you decide on. :)

8. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I've been using the Defender for several years and no problems with marks or scratches of any kind. I do remove the phone from the case every month or so to clean both the phone and the case to remove any debris that has gotten inside.