DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
Yeah i was thinking the same thing but the job i work i need something to protect my 500 dollar investment.

And it doesn't look that big.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Yeah i was thinking the same thing but the job i work i need something to protect my 500 dollar investment.

And it doesn't look that big.
Yeah if you have very active physical job I would think the otterbox would suite you fine.

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
I love this case it may be bulky and a bit heavy but this thing is like a tank.
Ive had the artwizz case but i think this otterbox is much better.
Hopefully in the future theyll make it a bit thinner and able to access the mute switch.
But all in all i think im gunna stick with otterbox cases.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I just bought this case and im waiting for it to come in.
Hopefully i get it by the end of this week.
What do you all think?
http://www.otterbox.com/iphone-cases/iphone-defender-case/
Yikes!

No offense but that thing is ugly! The iPhone is so sleek and sexy looking, that case kind of ruins it. If you want something that's superior protection but still sort-of preserves the look of the iPhone, look into the Contour Showcase...

Just my $0.02...

--
Shane H

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
Yeah it is pretty bulky i only put it on when i go to work. The job i'm in im afraid the thing will break.
I just ordered a Speck See through green hardshell for when im not at work.
Hopefully that comes in soon.
So it doesn't look like I gotta VCR in my pocket when im out shopping with the wife.:p

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Yeah it is pretty bulky i only put it on when i go to work. The job i'm in im afraid the thing will break.
I just ordered a Speck See through green hardshell for when im not at work.
Hopefully that comes in soon.
So it doesn't look like I gotta VCR in my pocket when im out shopping with the wife.:p
Oh nice! I made a thread asking opinions on that case a couple days ago and never got a response. Please let me know when you get the case how you like it, I'm very tempted to buy one!

I have the Contour Showcase right now which is a little thicker than I'd like, but it offers great protection. I'm not really rough on my iPhone, so I thought the Speck SeeThru would be a great alternative, if it's pretty thin...

Let me know what you think of it then.

Thanks!

--
Shane H

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
Sure not a problem, But i still think my otterbox rocks so i don't know if you'll
like what i have to say about the speck.

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
yeah I just ordered one too, I hope it's not an bulkier than the Speck ToughSkin

Duckman

Bronze
Apr 11, 2008
First I going tomorrow to pull the trigger on a 16gb...no I am not going to wait...I really like iP1 and I am not sue that the changes are worth the wait.

I was going to buy the contour...I am very interested in this one for the protection...

Like you I have a job that can be tough on things...I investigate accidents...I spend a lot of time on the side of the road/interstates and junk yards. It seems I am always getting my phone in compromising perdicaments. Being 500 slamolies...I like to keep it for a while.

I am very interested in what you have to say.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I like the amount of protection the Otterbox's provide, but I don't like the size and bulkiness they add to the phone.

Duckman

Bronze
Apr 11, 2008
I bought the Otter and Contour...

I do love the protection that The OB gives you...by far I believe it is the best for protection. THE THING I HATE IS...the belt clip/holder, it is built very well just like the case itself BUT the belt clip is OFF CENTER on the holder so if you wear your phone horizontal/sideways it pulls and hangs to one end and is way off balance. What they were thinking by off setting that clip is beyond me. This case is for folks that need that extra protection because of jobs or activities. I will definitely use mine during Duck Season. AND THE OTHER THING IS...you CANNOT flip the ringer silence switch on/off with this case.

I use the Contour during normal activities...to me it is a good balance between bulk and protection. The belt holder is built good and is balanced...like you think it should. The only thing you will need is a screen protector.

The OB is not a bad case...just a lot of protection that you may or may/may not need.