Otterbox defender or Otterbox commuter

Syamil

Bronze
Jan 31, 2011
Singapore
I've seen the LifeProof case. Otterbox Def seems too thick for me, heck even the Otterbox Impact is too thick for me, which I'm using now.

I seem to be attracted by LifeProof's slimness and water-resistant factor. My question is, how will it stand against drops? If the LifeProof's case is good I'll get it.. Maybe in a few weeks time.

Also, are the orders for LifeProof limited to the U.S? I'm living in Singapore..

Syamil

Bronze
Jan 31, 2011
Singapore
http://www.lifeproof.com/the-four-proofs

They have stories and video demos showing the case standing up against all the "proofs".
Don't know about international shipping, pretty sure that would not be a problem....
Hey snowtrooper, thanks for the tip, I don't know how to tag u in a post, or the feature ain't available on the iPhone app.

There's no red colour for the LifeProof. :( Looks like I'll wait.

Syamil

Bronze
Jan 31, 2011
Singapore
I think I'm going to end up getting the new Otterbox commuter. It looks like a better design than the iPhone 4 commuter. The defender is just a tad too bulky for my needs.
U should also consider the Reflex case too man. It's the newest case from Otterbox.

Both Otterbox and LifeProof are both good cases, each with flaws and strengths. I pity Superpilot man... He just asked for differences between just two cases..

superpilot

Oct 21, 2011
Do you think they will make a camouflage commuter case for the 4s like they did for the defender

superpilot

Oct 21, 2011
I asked them and all they could say was that try weren't sure as to if they were making one or not

iosed

Nov 8, 2011
Berkely, MI
I am in the market for a case for my 4S so this thread was very enlightning. I enjoyed the discourse here, passion is a dying virtue!
I will have to get my hands on an otterbox and lifeproof to see which one will work best for me.