Otterbox Defender vs. Ballistic HC

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by phillipcrater, Nov 25, 2012.

1. phillipcrater

phillipcrater New Member

I just purchased ballistic hc for iPhone 5 just not sure if it was right decision or should I bought otterbox defender

2. Sc00bz

Sc00bz New Member

I have a defender and a ballistic sg maxx (ballistic's version of the OB commuter). The silicone on the defender doesn't stick to pockets as bad but the screen protector on the sg maxx is easier to clean. Both seem equally as protective, IMO. If not at work where I carry on a belt clip, I carry the phone in my back right pocket and sit on it half the time. No adverse effects as of yet.

There will be pros and cons to either. It is personal preference, really.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. Allan knight

Allan knight Member
    Bronze

I bought and returned the Ballistic HC. The rubber on the sides pulls away very easily. It can get snagged on something and rip apart. The Defender is your better choice. The LifeProof Fre' is over priced for what you get. The only claim this case can stand up to is, it's waterproof. It's also very flimsy. It lacks a belt clip, and the case is so, so thin you can see through it. Not to mention all the other problems that it has. Go with the OB.