Otterbox Warranty

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
Maybe I'm just overlooking something, but can somebody tell me how, if needed, I register my Otterbox case for the warranty? For further clarification, I purchased it on eBay, new in the box. I believe it might have come from BestBuy or other retail store because it says "New iPhone" on the packaging.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Maybe I'm just overlooking something, but can somebody tell me how, if needed, I register my Otterbox case for the warranty? For further clarification, I purchased it on eBay, new in the box. I believe it might have come from BestBuy or other retail store because it says "New iPhone" on the packaging.
Some manufacturers void warranties when purchased on eBay. Email OtterBox and ask them.

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
Thanks I actually thought to do that before posting!

Sent from my iPhone5 using iCafe app

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
I noticed that when I entered my contact and purchase information, eBay was listed as one of the vendors.

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
This is the quick response I received from Otterbox:

Any Otterbox case has a 1 year warranty on it, doesn't matter where it was purchased. On the iPhone5 cases we are asking our vendors to take care of immediate warranty problem

Kgd0630

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 8, 2010
Anderson, SC
It seems they have a deal with some ebay stores. That's probably why it's accepted now.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I noticed that when I entered my contact and purchase information, eBay was listed as one of the vendors.

It seems they have a deal with some ebay stores. That's probably why it's accepted now.
Just make sure they deal with the store you bought it from. Sometimes only authorized stores on eBay are acceptable. I don't know if you bought it from a person, if that's acceptable.

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
My son recently ripped the silicone outer cover of his Defender. I had purchased it on eBay as well. I submitted a warranty claim buy filling out the form on their website and send sending in pics of the front, back and damaged area of the case. They are shipping a replacement for the cover no questions asked (theoretically).

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
Quick update: Otterbox never sent the silicone cover so when I contacted them to inquire they agreed to send a brand new case.

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
No, it got ripped so it needed to be replaced. The replacement was never shipped but when I contacted Otterbox they told me that they would send a complete case to make amends. Have tracked it from Colorado to Wisconsin so far on its trek here to North Carolina

Last edited by a moderator: