Otterbox....WOW

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Iloveiphones, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

I just got my iPhone 4S otterbox...all I can say is wow. From the 4, to 4S case wise, I see a 99%, yes 99% improvement of quality, not that the 4 case was ever bad quality. They still haven't mastered the screen protector, but the silicon is VERY VERY sturdy and tough. Way tougher then my 4 ever was. It took all, ALL of my strength to get that baby off. And I am not a weakling, either. Home button and power buttons are a lot sturdier to touch and press. Just a few problems, silicon not fitting around the camera right, and the dock won't close but that will be relaxed in. I have never had a lifeproof, but this thing has to beat it. Now all I gotta get is liquipel on my iPhone. ;)

2. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Which otterbox?

3. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

The defender, sorry. My theory on the defender is its 100% or none. I don't mess With the reflex, or commuter.

4. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

That's what I got for my fiancée's 4S. It was the biggest waste of 50 bucks of my life. It's loose and the color pink started to fade after a month. Hope it works out for you.

5. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

That's too bad. My 4 was black and it was loose compared to my 4S, and I thought the 4 was tight when I got it. They do have a warranty, I believe, but. What's the use if it's just gonna keep doing. My 4 case is starting to get slick, and the vibrate button was at the hinges.

6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Beats the LifeProof? Try this with the Otterbox :)
    ImageUploadedByiCafe1326197252.692457.jpg

Is the otter the new universal style with the large opening in the front? You'll find this let's in more dust, dirt etc...I took one back and got the 4 version and put it on the girlfriends 4s and she likes it much better than the newer case. Seems they lost a lot of protection when they went to those larger openings on the front and back.
    BUT, it's better than nothing or just a bumper isn't it? ;) lots of protection for sure, just those large openings really killed it for me.

7. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Haha, if I got my iPhone liquapeled, I could do that. ;) Yeah, it's the new universal style. The 4 wouldn't fit in the 4S, it was on the vibrate button. I thought it was weird because yoü showed us that the 4S can fit in a 4. I think the camera hole size is just stupid. It's too big. They could of easily made it smaller, and not have a problem. And with the bigger hole in the front, they could of made that smaller too.

8. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I have serious doubts about that liquipel, whatever. Something I would have to see for myself, in person!

9. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

Not so much:
    From what I understand, the holes were made bigger due to issues with the proximity sensor, front camera, and camera flash caused by the smaller holes. I have two defenders from back in the day when there was only the AT&T iPhone 4. I could not take a picture with the LED flash while it was on, it came out all crappy.

10. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

My 2 cents on the Defender- got one for my new 4s in November on recommendation of this forum. I wanted some decent protection since my life can be a little rough on it, and the Defender works perfectly for me. At first I thought it was a bit too bulky, but I've come to feel the size is just right in my hand.

I looked at the Lifeproof. Since the replacement cost of the phone is $649 I wasn't afraid to spend that much to protect it; but in the end I passed because it didn't seem to offer as much shock protection, and both the quality and waterproof capability have been questionable. Personally I don't have much concern about water resistance, just fear of scratches and drops; so the Defender was just right for me.

Also, I really liked the 2-tone blue, and bought it new off eBay for $26.99 including shipping.

11. furndaddy

furndaddy Contributor
    Bronze

I've had a white Otterbox Defender case for my iPhone 4 since Ive had the phone and I've been more than satisfied with the protection that it offers. I've also had zero issues with the skin becoming loose or with any of the port covers or flaps. However, two colleagues of mine bought black Defenders at the same time as me, and both have had to replace theirs because of loose skins or torn flaps. The only complaint I've had is that the silicon skin does not allow the phone to slide easily in and out of pockets.

12. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

That is why I go case less. Or without case. ;)

13. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

My case, the silicon is so tight even getting it on and out of my tight jean pockets the silicon doesn't pop off like it did with my 4.

14. furndaddy

furndaddy Contributor
    Bronze

Yeah I've thought about it. I've also thought about the belt holster, but it's too close to a fanny pack...

15. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Fanny packs rock! Right Mindi ? ;)

16. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I swore by my Defender on my 3G and my 4 (as much for the holster as for the protection.) Then I got the second generation Lifeproof for my 4S AND the belt clip for it and I'm a convert. If I didn't need the totally sealed case I would probably have stayed with the Defender with my 4S.

I also love my new Mountainsmith fanny pack! :p