Our iPhones will be here Tuesday, I have questions regarding activation

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bluedog

Jul 5, 2007
My wife and I have service through AT&T, it's a family plan under her name. Can the phones be activated in my iTunes account (were all our music and stuff is) or will she have to get her own iTunes account. If we sync the phones on our Mac, will iTunes allow us to set up preferences for each iPhone. For example, will we be able to sync my phone with my contacts and hers with her contacts, iCal, etc...
If she does have to get her own iTunes account, can we add the songs from my account to hers?

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
the 'iTunes account' is just an email address. You COULD have 2 separate computers but then the music would not be interchangeable. Yes each phone can have there own settings.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
My wife and I have service through AT&T, it's a family plan under her name. Can the phones be activated in my iTunes account (were all our music and stuff is) or will she have to get her own iTunes account. If we sync the phones on our Mac, will iTunes allow us to set up preferences for each iPhone. For example, will we be able to sync my phone with my contacts and hers with her contacts, iCal, etc...
If she does have to get her own iTunes account, can we add the songs from my account to hers?
You can set up two different phones through one computer. The iTunes software will recognize the different devices. You can even set up different playlists if you have different tastes in music or video.

I'm not really sure how iTunes will sync the email address for your wife on your computer. I guess you could set up your email in Outlook and she could set up hers in Yahoo or something.