Outgoing Call Forwarded - Dismiss?

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
OK so this just started happening today. When I call one of my contacts I get a pop up on my 3g that says "Outgoing Call Forwarded - Dismiss". At first I thought it only happens when I call this particular contact and the call goes to her vm but I just tried to call my phone from my home # and I got a pop up that said something like "Incoming Call Forwarded - Dismiss*. I've attempted to repeat it but now it shows my home calling and asks to decline or accept as normal.

I wasn't able to find anything here at eiC and a google search only returned an old thread at another forum dating back to '07 where it was happening to other people as well but I found very little help resolving the issue.

Call forwarding is OFF on my iPhone and neither my contact or my home phone have forwarding on.

I suspect it has something to do with AT&T as several people posting to that old thread reported this happening to them on other phones (Motorolas, Nokias...) on AT&T plans.

Anyone here ever experience this or have any suggestions?

swampduck

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
I am having the same problem, started right after I upgraded to 3.1

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Try turning call forwarding on then off again and see what happens.

swampduck

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
I did, no change, it only happens on some calls, not all

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I am having the same problem, started right after I upgraded to 3.1
Mine only started yesterday and I updated to 3.1 on 09/09/09. However, as I mentioned earlier I found a thread from '07 in which the issue was initially concerning an iPhone although several other AT&T customers with other phones had reported the same problem.
I did, no change, it only happens on some calls, not all
Yeah, I did that too and no change. However, when I powered on my phone this morning, I had a text alert from one of my contacts. It was a one liner so I was able to read it all. I slid to unlock my phone, went to SMS and it was completely wiped out.

Now when I call my contact that I was having issues with the pop up yesterday it goes to vm without getting the outgoing forwarded message.

I do believe it's an AT&T issue.

AreJay

Sep 18, 2009
Hello,

Have you avtivated MMS recently?

Some (myself included) who've recently activated MMS on their iPhone's (I realize the previous link is in a Google Voice forum, I to use Google Voice, but I get the message regardless if I'm using Google Voice or not, so Google Voice is irrelevant to the problem), with OS 3.1 using the AT&T 5.1 Carrier file have been complaining about this message. In my case, it happened to me when I activated MMS on my 3GS. When I restored my iPhone it was fine. I even tried it twice to make sure it only happened when I activated MMS. So I/we have to choose (if this is the source of your problem as it is in my case), do we want MMS now & deal with the issue or wait until 9/25? Unless someone has a fix for it? For now, I'm gonna hold off on MMS at least until it's fixed or 9/25, whatever comes first?

Regards,
AreJay

macaddict

Aug 2, 2009
Maryland
Thanks AreJay. This just started for me also. I had upgraded to carrier 5.1 on 9/14 and had MMS working flawlessly for several days. It stopped working yesterday and that was also the day i signed up for Google Voice. I didn't get the forwarding message until today. Consequently my guy also just started to get the same message yesterday. I am thinking of changing the carrier file back to 5.0. But it's only 5 days away so is it work it to switch back? Also did anyone elses MMS stop working recently?