Outgoing Gmail issue

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MACHINE

Sep 20, 2007
I'm having a problem with my gmail on the iPhone . The error I'm getting is when I open my email a popup thing comes up and says that connection to outgoing mail server SMTP.gmail.com has failed. Does anyone know how to fix this. Because I cannot send email and its getting pretty frustrating. I apologize If this is an easy fix im just not sure how to do it and its driving me nuts. Thanks in advance

tobey

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I'm having a problem with my gmail on the iPhone . The error I'm getting is when I open my email a popup thing comes up and says that connection to outgoing mail server SMTP.gmail.com has failed. Does anyone know how to fix this. Because I cannot send email and its getting pretty frustrating. I apologize If this is an easy fix im just not sure how to do it and its driving me nuts. Thanks in advance

I can't help you, but I'm having the same problem with my Comcast email account. I have sent emails through before though without issue, but recently I have had no luck. I turned off my WI-FI and am only attempting to send through the Edge network.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with signal strength, but even at 4 out of 5 bars I can not send an email. It sucks.

Sep 27, 2007
I added the port 465 to mine (smtp.gmail.com:465)
Also make sure you're using your whole email address as your username.

Good luck.
-DigitalOldschool

tobey

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I fixed my own problem - I found that entering your username and password for the ingoing and outgoing mail fixed my sending problems.

MACHINE

Sep 20, 2007
Hey, thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it. I tried a few of the aforementioned suggestions, however nothing seemed to completely work... I am however not ruling out my error... anyway I just deleted my account and reloaded it again. and it seems to be working... for now. we shall see in a few days. I will keep you posted. thanks again.