Outgoing on iPhone, incoming on Verizon? Ack!

arothman

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
So I activated my iPhone last night and I can make calls from it. However, when someone calls me it rings on my old Verizon phone. Seems like AT&T has activated the new number but Verizon still hasn't released it. Anyone have a clue as to how long I have to carry two phones around with me?

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
This happened to me. It took about 12 hours on my second iPhone. Hope it is quicker for you! I think they indicate no more than 24 hours. Good luck.

bgoudelo

Aug 5, 2007
Alpharetta, GA
So I activated my iPhone last night and I can make calls from it. However, when someone calls me it rings on my old Verizon phone. Seems like AT&T has activated the new number but Verizon still hasn't released it. Anyone have a clue as to how long I have to carry two phones around with me?
Same thing happened to me. It took Verizon 24 hours to release my phone and terminate my service. Then I was finally about to send and receive calls on the iPhone.

Aug 21, 2007
I activated my phone on Sunday and as of 11:00 Tuesday morning am still receiving calls on my Verizon phone. It wasn't that bad to carry both around for a while--kind of like taking your ipod and phone at the same time. Still, I would like to be down to just one device.

EduCat

Aug 21, 2007
Same Here

I honestly believe it's Verizon's way of trying to get back at switchers to AT&T and the iPhone. I bought my iPhone a week ago and activated/ported my previous cell number... it took 24 hours to finally be able to receive calls on my iPhone. AT&T customer servive folks were great and tried to speed up the process (so they said).

Take heart... it will happen!

Rayne

Aug 21, 2007
Verizon hasn't been playing nice lately in terms of allowing customers' ports to us. Seems that way, anyway.

Aug 24, 2007
I honestly believe it's Verizon's way of trying to get back at switchers to AT&T and the iPhone. I bought my iPhone a week ago and activated/ported my previous cell number... it took 24 hours to finally be able to receive calls on my iPhone. AT&T customer servive folks were great and tried to speed up the process (so they said).

Take heart... it will happen!
hahaha, that is probably true.