Outlet charger not working, will only charge through USB

dankduke

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Austin, FL
I went to the Apple store got a new AC outlet charger.

I restored the phone, then updated to 1.1.4. From there I jailbroke and everything works fine.

My question is did this cause my phone not to be able to charge through the outlet? How is this? What can i do to get the outlet working. i have a new outlet charger, & usb.

THE PHONE ONLY WILL CHARGE through THE USB CONNECTOR...WHAT GIVES?

The Apple guys said that since my phone is modded that was what was causing the phone not to be able to charge through the outlet.

please help

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I went to the Apple store got a new AC outlet charger.

I restored the phone, then updated to 1.1.4. From there I jailbroke and everything works fine.
I'm a little confused, were you having problems with your AC charger before you did the restore? Or did you get a new adapter AFTER restoring? Were you jailbroken before? How exactly did you restore... did you restore from a saved backup or set it up as new?

dankduke

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Austin, FL
no i don't remember when the ac stopped working....but when i tried to use it one time it didn't work...the USB cord worked fine to charge so i brough back the wall charger portion and they gave me a new one...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
So have you done a restore since the AC stopped working or was that before?

dankduke

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Austin, FL
i haven't done a restore...but how could a mod make it so the AC outlet stops working?

has this happened before? restoring is a lot of work!

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
i haven't done a restore...but how could a mod make it so the AC outlet stops working?

has this happened before? restoring is a lot of work!
This happened to me a loooong time ago. Probably 2 weeks after I bought my iPhone. I just went to Apple and have them replaced the ac adaptor and I haven't had any problems ever since. Just tell them to replace the one that you have right now for a new one.

dankduke

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Austin, FL
This happened to me a loooong time ago. Probably 2 weeks after I bought my iPhone. I just went to Apple and have them replaced the ac adaptor and I haven't had any problems ever since. Just tell them to replace the one that you have right now for a new one.

Already did this...thats why im soo perplexed...

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
my first ac charger stopped working too. its got nothing to do with you phone. since the ac charger is so small there is a huge amount of resistance going through the wires inside the chrager. because of all that resistance if there is a slight flaw in materials its not that hard for the charger to burn out.