Outlook 2003 Sync

babbo100

Feb 3, 2008
When I try to sinc with iTunes, i get this message :
Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.

I have done exactly that, but I get this message no matter what I have tried.

I have the latest iTunes, this message comes up for both calendar and Contacts. I have followed Apple's - Troubleshooting iPhone contact and calendar syncing on Windows - Article: 305845 , still the same.

Any Ideas

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
are you trying to sync your email, or just your address book and calendars?
Have you setup the POP email account on your iPhone the same as it is in Outlook (if your trying to sync mail)?

babbo100

Feb 3, 2008
I have not set up pop Email at all.
I wanted to synch just my outlook Calendar and contacts.
Should I be setting up Email in order for the Calendar & contacts to sync.

Thanks

are you trying to sync your email, or just your address book and calendars?
Have you setup the POP email account on your iPhone the same as it is in Outlook (if your trying to sync mail)?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I have not set up pop Email at all.
I wanted to synch just my outlook Calendar and contacts.
Should I be setting up Email in order for the Calendar & contacts to sync.

Thanks
No, you don't need an email account.
Make sure that when you have your iPhone connected to iTunes that the option for syncing email is NOT checked. Just contacts and calendar. That might be why you are getting the error. I missed it the first time I went to sync my iPhone, and it pulled an old mail account over. Since it doesn't sound like you have an account setup, then you should just uncheck that portion.

babbo100

Feb 3, 2008
The email option is not checked, as before. The sync problem is still there.

Let me know if you can think of anything else.

Thanks

quote=Hawk;186853]No, you don't need an email account.
Make sure that when you have your iPhone connected to iTunes that the option for syncing email is NOT checked. Just contacts and calendar. That might be why you are getting the error. I missed it the first time I went to sync my iPhone, and it pulled an old mail account over. Since it doesn't sound like you have an account setup, then you should just uncheck that portion.[/quote]