Outlook 2007 Contacts syncing with iPhone

scog

Jun 30, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I about had a heart attack here as I almost lost my several years list of 1009 contacts.

I did my initial iTunes sync with Outlook and everything was just sweet with all 1009 contacts on both my computer and my iPhone.

When I was in my car today I "added" one new contact in my iPhone. I sync'ed with my computer and I now have just my one new contact on my computer Outlook 2007 contact list and I have lost all my 1009 contacts. I look on the phone it still has all my contacts in it.

I initiate another sync and now all my 1009 contacts are back on the computer but I only have the new one on my phone.

Not sure how to get out this cycle to get both sync'ed the same.

Seems I cannot just add a new contact on the road and have it add to the original list?

What am I doing wrong here?

cman6453

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Just tested mine and it worked fine. However, I did notice that there is no notification that it found a change on the phone. Upon sync an addition to the phone was added to Outlook. A deletion on Outlook and then re-sync caused a deletion on the phone. I'm not sure if there's a way to configure it to notify you of changes, who wins or other settings.

scog

Jun 30, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I think I figured out why I am having sync'ing issues.

I have two profiles in my Outlook 2007. One for my exchange email (work) and one for my Gmail email (play). It seems whichever email I had open last is the one that iTunes decides to sync with. In my play email (gmail) I have no calendar or contact names and that is what caused my small heart attack in the beginning of this thread.

Now I am thinking I have to have my exchange Outlook email open when I sync or I will be syncing to the wrong profile.

Anyone know how to force the sync'ing to only acknowledge the one Outlook profile and not the other?