Outlook.com - delivery of new emails

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
You should probably take more time composing your posts then. I am a fairly patient person, but I noticed a pattern here a long time ago and I usually don't reply to you because I feel like I am wasting my time since you always do exactly what you did here. The point is not that you want it to push in the stock app. Of course we all would. The point is that you said you have to check it manually to get alerts.
I try my best to post clearly, but I don't always do that. What I was meaning was that I wish the true push you could do on Gmail. I came to this post as I thought they were saying Outlook would, at least that's what I just read above. What I was doing with Gmail was forwarding it to Yahoo hoping it would push immediately, but that was not the case.

I apologize. I will read my posts before I submit them from now on and make sure they are clear.

Last edited:

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I try my best to post clearly, but I don't always do that. What I was meaning was that I wish the true push you could do on Gmail. I came to this post as I thought they were saying Outlook would, at least that's what I just read above. What I was doing with Gmail was forwarding it to Yahoo hoping it would push immediately, but that was not the case.

I apologize. I will read my posts before I submit them from now on and make sure they are clear.
Sure you will. :rolleyes: I've been telling you this for awhile.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
The last part may not be true, and I only used the app as I saw I've already had it installed on my iPhone, I just didn't realize why it never alerted me of email, and that's because I was using the stock mail app for Gmail.

Do you know about marketing, accounting, economics and much more that I've learned?
What does this have to do with the subject at hand? Learning is one thing, but comprehending is another. Oh, and what's your GPA? :p

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
It does when you're looking for a good job. It's like the title of a house when you want to sell it. It means nothing if the house is in shambles.
People think jobs will want to see your diploma or know your overall GPA or they'll call school, but they don't. They just want to see that you have the experience and the needed knowledge etc.

Never in my life so far have I heard someone say a job has wanted to know their GPA. What classes they took yes but not GPA.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
People think jobs will want to see your diploma or know your overall GPA or they'll call school, but they don't. They just want to see that you have the experience and the needed knowledge etc.

Never in my life so far have I heard someone say a job has wanted to know their GPA. What classes they took yes but not GPA.
Grades do matter. The operative word in his sentence was "good." Graduating with honors will help you in the job field. It can be listed on your resume and it will make you more likely to get an interview. If you're applying for a competive job, a resume that doesn't reflect any honors or acheivements won't make it through the first screening and will go straight into the trash.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Grades do matter. The operative word in his sentence was "good." Graduating with honors will help you in the job field. It can be listed on your resume and it will make you more likely to get an interview. If you're applying for a competive job, a resume that doesn't reflect any honors or acheivements won't make it through the first screening and will go straight into the trash.
Ha alright well I can promise you I don't have anything special like a high GPA to go on my resume, but a diploma nonetheless will be amazing for me as I've struggled and school. And anyways, there are a ton of job options in my field and other interests that I have. :)

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
In case anyone is interested, Outlook.com emails seem to deliver in a timely fashion on my iPhone 6 Plus now :)

Instagram: iamivanwilliams
Twitter: iamivanwilliams

47seijar

Zealot
Bronze
Oct 6, 2012
Denville, NJ
I graduated "Suma Cum Closey." But I did all right for myself. :D

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I graduated "Suma Cum Closey." But I did all right for myself. :D
For me, my goal has been just to graduate. All of the jobs I have had and even interviews I've gone to lately, do not ask anything regarding GPA etc, besides projects and classes you have taken, which are highlighted on my resume. I have a lot of experience in many things, and that's what will help me get a decent job, but right now I am just working on graduating in May. When school starts back up, jobs will begin looking at hiring soon to be graduates.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
For me, my goal has been just to graduate. All of the jobs I have had and even interviews I've gone to lately, do not ask anything regarding GPA etc, besides projects and classes you have taken, which are highlighted on my resume. I have a lot of experience in many things, and that's what will help me get a decent job, but right now I am just working on graduating in May. When school starts back up, jobs will begin looking at hiring soon to be graduates.
Yeah, I didn't think McDonald's asked. lol. :D :p

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Yeah, I didn't think McDonald's asked. lol. :D :p
Not funny at all. I've worked at 2 bowling centers, a grocery store, had an internship (didn't want to get paid especially as it's my family's non-profit), my dad's office but that is family and under the table pay so yeah. But not McDonald's or anything close to McDonald's lol.

I've done front desk work handling money, making phone calls etc. So back off my case.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Not funny at all. I've worked at 2 bowling centers, a grocery store, had an internship (didn't want to get paid especially as it's my family's non-profit), my dad's office but that is family and under the table pay so yeah. But not McDonald's or anything close to McDonald's lol.

I've done front desk work handling money, making phone calls etc. So back off my case.
But most importantly, you have Apple stock. One day you won't need to work. :D

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
But most importantly, you have Apple stock. One day you won't need to work. :D

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
Not too sure about not having to work, but it's nice to have 99% of my money in the stock market and see it grow, unless Apple of course continues to have lawsuits.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I bet if I was the one who strayed a thread off topic, I'd be told to not do so...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I bet if I was the one who strayed a thread off topic, I'd be told to not do so...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And if I moderated within the strict interpretation of our forum guidelines, we'd all be gone.

That being said, let's get back on topic, folks.