Outlook email problems after iPhone sync

Mustangous

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I am having problems sending messages to a couple of my email contacts from my microsoft office 2003. This is only after i had been adding contacts to my iPhone and syncing with outlook. This has started almost since i had the phone in july. I originally thought it may be a problem with my email client, optimum online or my microsoft outlook. But i have moved and now i have comcast. The problem i am having is when i forward an email with attachments from outlook a few of my contacts are not getting the attachments and one is getting a winmail.dat. One contact is using outlook express with optimum online and the other i don't know the email program but is using comcast email. The one that is getting the winmail.dat works at my job and we use thinderbird email program. I looked into the winmail.dat and i don't believe its the html issue. These contacts are in a group email list. I send this email attachment to a group at my job and and everyone there gets the attachments but one person gets the winmail.dat. So the email program they have does except html emails and can read them. I am not sure why this one person is getting the winmail.dat or the other 2 contacts are not getting my attachment. They don't get the attachments if i send it to them alone or in a group list.

Also sometimes if i have multiple emails for a contact and make a change with my iPhone, than after i sync with outlook than that person wont display their email address under the address book. I will have to go threw the contacts page of outlook and make a very simple change to that contact and save it. Than go back and put the change back and then i can see the info on the address book windowe for that contact. Very strange. I think this is because on the iPhone i add more phone numbers than the outlook can handle... Any one with the same issues?

anyone else have these issues?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I am having problems sending messages to a couple of my email contacts from my microsoft office 2003. This is only after i had been adding contacts to my iPhone and syncing with outlook. This has started almost since i had the phone in july. I originally thought it may be a problem with my email client, optimum online or my microsoft outlook. But i have moved and now i have comcast. The problem i am having is when i forward an email with attachments from outlook a few of my contacts are not getting the attachments and one is getting a winmail.dat. One contact is using outlook express with optimum online and the other i don't know the email program but is using comcast email. The one that is getting the winmail.dat works at my job and we use thinderbird email program. I looked into the winmail.dat and i don't believe its the html issue. These contacts are in a group email list. I send this email attachment to a group at my job and and everyone there gets the attachments but one person gets the winmail.dat. So the email program they have does except html emails and can read them. I am not sure why this one person is getting the winmail.dat or the other 2 contacts are not getting my attachment. They don't get the attachments if i send it to them alone or in a group list.

Also sometimes if i have multiple emails for a contact and make a change with my iPhone, than after i sync with outlook than that person wont display their email address under the address book. I will have to go threw the contacts page of outlook and make a very simple change to that contact and save it. Than go back and put the change back and then i can see the info on the address book windowe for that contact. Very strange. I think this is because on the iPhone i add more phone numbers than the outlook can handle... Any one with the same issues?

anyone else have these issues?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
I have a very similar issue to the email address not showing up when I create contacts on the iPhone and sync them. About half of my contacts in my address book when I use the address book and try and send an email it will try to send but error out. If I look in the search field there is no email for them, but if I look at the contact itself through Outlook the email address is fine. I always just assumed it was something weird because I'm syncing between my Windows PC and my Mac at home.

Mustangous

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
The winmail.dat issue is common in the PC world. Almost always caused by different email client software programs that don't work well together. Check out this info page:
http://www.gpc.edu/~jbenson/resource/winmail.htm
Ok, I don't know what happened, but heres more info. I have another computer that i freshly installed MS outlook on and moved all my contacts over from the other computer. Well The 3 contacts that were having problems before are getting everything fine. Just like they were BEFORE i synced with the iPhone. So now i am afraid to sync the iPhone again. I also have updated and added some contacts on the iPhone and on my outlook contacts and would like to sync but don't want the same issues again...

Any suggestions?

Anyone sync with microsoft outlook? I have MS office 2003, the same on both pc's....