Outlook/iPhone question

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I have a work account and a home account. I want my work contacts and calendar to push through to my phone, but I don't want my personal stuff that I enter on my phone to push to my work outlook, because it is a public folder. Is there a way to send my outlook contacts and calendar to my home computer through email? This way, I can import them into my home outlook and when I sync, the work stuff will be on my phone as well as personal stuff. Thanks a lot

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I guess I can send a v card to myself and open it up on my home computer, but I want to know if there was an easier wayto do a lot at once as well as calendar events.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I think the lack of response is from not knowing how to keep the accounts separate.
As far as getting everything on your phone, you just need to get a copy of your PST file from work and import it to your outlook profile at home.
Then setup the account at home as Manual pull and have your work account as your push account. That should keep them separate, but you are going to have to choose to have your contacts and calendar as part of the manual account to avoid them getting synced with work.

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I think the lack of response is from not knowing how to keep the accounts separate.
As far as getting everything on your phone, you just need to get a copy of your PST file from work and import it to your outlook profile at home.
Then setup the account at home as Manual pull and have your work account as your push account. That should keep them separate, but you are going to have to choose to have your contacts and calendar as part of the manual account to avoid them getting synced with work.
Thanks for the response.
-Do you know how I get a copy of the PST file and how I import it into my home computer?
-Will that erase all the stuff that I currently have on outlook?
-How do I set up home account as manual pull and work as push?
-Lastly, how do I choose to have my contacts and calendar a part of the manual account?

I am not great with outlook, I really appreciate your help.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Thanks for the response.
-Do you know how I get a copy of the PST file and how I import it into my home computer?
-Will that erase all the stuff that I currently have on outlook?
-How do I set up home account as manual pull and work as push?
-Lastly, how do I choose to have my contacts and calendar a part of the manual account?

I am not great with outlook, I really appreciate your help.
Do a search on your work PC for *.PST
the file is generally called Outlook.pst, but since this is a work setup, it's probably some form of first initial and last name or something to that affect.
bring it home on a Jump drive. Save it to your my documents folder and open Outlook, click file and import, and then select your PST file.
That's about the best I can tell you.