Outlook question

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

danielfillmore

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
hey guys i am setting up outlook and it is asking me if my incoming mail server is pop3, imap, or http. and also what my outgoing mail server is. i use msn hotmail, and i don't know what to put, so if someone could please help me that wopuld be awesome. thanks

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007

danielfillmore

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
well, im just trying to setup outlook because everyone keeps saying that is the way to go to get all your contacts into your iPhone since you cant use your sim card to transfer them. are there other options for getting all your phone numbers into iPhone?

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
well, im just trying to setup outlook because everyone keeps saying that is the way to go to get all your contacts into your iPhone since you cant use your sim card to transfer them. are there other options for getting all your phone numbers into iPhone?
Sorry, it's past my bedtime. ;) Since outlook supports http it might work afterall.

Or not. Do you have a paid account?

danielfillmore

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
no but i think its working anyway. is outlook the only way to import your numbers to iPhone though? because if there is another way (besides manually entering each which i am not looking forward to doing) i would sure like to know so i don't have to bother with outlook

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
no but i think its working anyway. is outlook the only way to import your numbers to iPhone though? because if there is another way (besides manually entering each which i am not looking forward to doing) i would sure like to know so i don't have to bother with outlook
Outlook or Yahoo are the only way to import contacts and calendar from a PC. One poster said that iTunes imported his Windows Mail contacts (Vista replacement for Outlook Express), but I can't verify that works. I used Outlook 2007.

I don't think you'll be able to get Outlook to configure your hotmail account.