Outlook sych clarification

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DLSE

Jul 25, 2007
I am thinking about switching over to the iPhone. I am using Outlook 2003, MSN premium and windows XP. I currently sync to my PDA with Activesync. For those of you currently using the iPhone with Outlook 2007 could you please clarify?

1. When you sync do you lose your categories in the calendar? What happens to the category colors?

2. Does everything in the contact card and calendar (comments, location, etc) section sync?

3. Do the tasks sync?

4. When you initially set up the phone, I understand you need to sign a contract with AT&T, were able to set up phone and then port your number over? Or in order to set up the phone you must port the number first?

5. Have you have any difficulty with hearing people when using the phone? With Bluetooth?

6. Any problems using the phone with voicemail or email when international (Italy & Canada)

Thank you!

jomaha

Jul 2, 2007
I am thinking about switching over to the iPhone. I am using Outlook 2003, MSN premium and windows XP. I currently sync to my PDA with Activesync. For those of you currently using the iPhone with Outlook 2007 could you please clarify?

1. When you sync do you lose your categories in the calendar? What happens to the category colors?

2. Does everything in the contact card and calendar (comments, location, etc) section sync?

3. Do the tasks sync?

4. When you initially set up the phone, I understand you need to sign a contract with AT&T, were able to set up phone and then port your number over? Or in order to set up the phone you must port the number first?

5. Have you have any difficulty with hearing people when using the phone? With Bluetooth?

6. Any problems using the phone with voicemail or email when international (Italy & Canada)

Thank you!
I have migrated from a JasJam (HTC) running 5.0 and am certainly missing some of the luxeries I was used to.

1. No color or category options with iPhone
2. Business, Home, Mobile and fax numbers sync (thats all I use) All notes sync, not certain about what happens to the items from the "Details" tab.
3. no place for tasks
4. I was with AT&T so it was a very easy set up. I imagine ITune screens are set up for any for of sign up you want to do.
5. Bluetooth headsets work fine. iPhone is not A2DP ready so wireless headphones will work if you use an adapter to send the signal from the phone to the wireless headphones.
6 No experience.

Some other concerns is that the address book is premised on the persons last name. You do not have the option to sort the contact list by company names. This becomes very confusing when you are not always familiar with a persons first and last name, only the company name.