Outlook sync question

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

beej

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
When I first purchased my iPhone, I entered all my contacts manually (I don't have that many). I was under the impression that iTunes would make a backup of my contacts when I synced.

Now that I've learned that I was mistaken, I'd like to use outlook (which I don't currently use) to backup my contacts. Will iTunes sync outlook with the iPhone contact list, or am I stuck entering everything into outlook manually?

sruize

Aug 2, 2007
When I plugged my iPhone in it synced with iTunes it synced with outlook and all my contacts was backed up

sruize

Aug 2, 2007
So when I sync with iTunes it will move my contacts FROM my iPhone TO outlook?
It did for me cause i had to restore my iPhone and all my contacts went straight back so just check the outlook box and it will sync your contacts every time you sync you iPhone

cdp1276

Aug 3, 2007
Fairport, NY
I'm having the same problem that Contacts sync from Outlook to iPhone but if I add or change in the iPhone they aren't sync'ing back to Outlook. Any ideas?

I have the latest iTunes 7.3.2.6 and iPhone 1.0.1.

sruize

Aug 2, 2007
I'm having the same problem that Contacts sync from Outlook to iPhone but if I add or change in the iPhone they aren't sync'ing back to Outlook. Any ideas?

I have the latest iTunes 7.3.2.6 and iPhone 1.0.1.
well I added about 100 numbers to my phone book yesterday and I synced with my pc and it went into my outlook