Over/Under: whether Business discounts ever allowed?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jmcn72

Oct 21, 2007
That's really the only reason for holding off on an iPhone purchase.

I've read so many differing accounts on whether you will still get it if you add the iPhone as a secondary number or if you lose the discount regardless of line.

Anyone have any insider information on the timeframe or whether this will ever happen?

raoser

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
That's really the only reason for holding off on an iPhone purchase.

I've read so many differing accounts on whether you will still get it if you add the iPhone as a secondary number or if you lose the discount regardless of line.

Anyone have any insider information on the timeframe or whether this will ever happen?
====================================

There was a post about this in the ATT section:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/headache-at-t-misunderstood-read-need-advice.6054/

I have maintained my discount on the primary line, but not on the secondary (iPhone) line. It can be confusing and different reps will give you a different story. I would get your lines set up first and then switch the secondary line to the iPhone. You might as well get a free phone out of it anyway and I think it draws less attention to the discount from some misinformed rep who may remove the discount. I think that as long as the iPhone is not the primary line you should be fine.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

SkyyBoy

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Hawaii
I have a businesss discount on my AT&T line. When I upgraded to the iPhone, I chose to keep my existing voice plan. Now, I continue to get the discount on the voice part of the plan, but not on the data part of the plan.
my suggestion, go to the AT&T store and sign up for the extra line. When you do, just take whatever free phone they are offering. afterwards, go to the Apple store and get your iPhone. That way, you get a free phone :cool: and you can get your businesss discount on the voice part of your iPhone plan.

Jun 26, 2007
i too was on a businesss account and gave up waiting
it really sucks, i gave it to a few ATT reps quite a few times about how mad i was

theotherallen

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
im only 17, so im in a family plan with my mother and my sister (my father has his own businesss account.) since his account is a businesss one, my family plan gets a discount because we're affliated with him, and thereforee use AT&T. when i went to activate my iPhone, it gave me a message that my line, with an iPhone added to it would not be eligible for any discounts we receive under my father's businesss contract.

so, no. no discounts for the iPhone.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
It probably has more to do with the Apple/AT&T agreement than anything else. Seeing Apple gets a portion of the iPhone data plan, it leaves little margin room for AT&T to offer discounts.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
I have a businesss discount on my AT&T line. When I upgraded to the iPhone, I chose to keep my existing voice plan. Now, I continue to get the discount on the voice part of the plan, but not on the data part of the plan.
my suggestion, go to the AT&T store and sign up for the extra line. When you do, just take whatever free phone they are offering. afterwards, go to the Apple store and get your iPhone. That way, you get a free phone :cool: and you can get your businesss discount on the voice part of your iPhone plan.
i contract with a company that has AT&T premier discounts...i received an email in my the lotus notes accnt they set up...i have yet to set the discount because i'm not an actual employee of the company, just a contractor...i have to provide some number for it to take effect...i'm not sure if should or not...