overclocking

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
is there a way to OC the iPhone or are there any apps that will do it? just curious

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
Plug the iPhone into 220V. The iPhone will overclock for approximately 0.00035 seconds, then fry itself.
thanks going to go try that right now. but actually if you plug it into 220v it does the exact same thing as when you plug it into 110v...atleast if you use the Apple supplied charger.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
LMAO!

Napoleon, where would this site be without your humour?

Nowhere!

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
something announcing my return to this user name and putting the reveal on hold while I sort through some crap in my life.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
first i would ask why overclock the iPhone?
second i would say no
everyone knows that you should never overclock portable devices because they cant cool off quickly

OC your desktop but leave the phone out of it

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
first i would ask why overclock the iPhone?
second i would say no
everyone knows that you should never overclock portable devices because they cant cool off quickly

OC your desktop but leave the phone out of it
i doubt i would actually ever do it. it was more of a curisoity thing. technically, with the iPhone, it wouldn't be overclocking because the iPhones processor runs at 412 mhz but has the ability to run somewhere around 600. so right now the prcessor is under clocked but that still seems fine to me barely ever lags. so as i said mainly just a thing of curiosity.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
its all sh*ts and giggles! i must confess your piont on overclocking is something which could be talked about i suppose but as said earlier, there is no way of cooling the device quick enough, its more likely you'll cause major damage to the love of your life!

If you do find a way of doing it safely, i'm defo all ears, anything cheeky grips my attention!

johnboy

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
well i know how but it might take away from the sleekness of the phone. il take the radiator out of my car and strap it to my phone....all you need now is a wheel barrow to take you phone with you everywhere

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
ha ha, your exactly right, tell you what, buy a massive walk in freezer! and get polar clothing and get your computer (mac hopefully) and start the overclock, and if sh*t starts to hit the fan, wack the phone into a sealable plastic bag and put it in a massive vat of ice cubes inside your massive walk in freezer! now thats what i call an experiment!

oakie

Bronze
Oct 18, 2008
Las Vegas
www.revtarded.com
just bringing this topic back up to the top in hopes of a dedicated hacker who may be interested in taking this to task.

despite the idiotic responses by most in here so far, the Samsung S3C6400 processor in the iPhone normally runs at 667MHz, and is used at full speed in numerous other devices, many of them nearly the same physical density as the iPhone without needing "radiators, ice packs" or severely burning the fragile palms of their users. Apple, for whatever reason, most likely to conserve battery power, has downclocked it to 412MHz... and this manifests as menu lag.

there are a lot of jailbreak apps out there that really arent "needed", but yet people still clamor for them... some of them happen to be those who think an OC app would be useless and posted in this thread. no one is forcing you to do anything about it either way, but no need to harsh on people who are interested in an app that unlocks the iPhone to do what it's perfectly capable of doing.

anyways, done with the diatribe. anyone out there willing to take this to task, or known someone who is? it would be great not only to just OC, but allow people to downclock further for power savings, or allow jailbreak game devs access a way to OC the device temporarily to support more intense games they may be interested in creating.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
the only problem i can see with it is that it might lead to more iron-fist treatment by Apple for jailbroken iPhones... or defective iPhones in general.

assume this is a great idea, a great app is developed, and soon EVERY jailbreaker has it installed and frequently adjusts their clockspeed... I don't think Apple will then be as quick to replace phones that are "overheating", or have other weird symptoms that may suggest internal damage.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
just bringing this topic back up to the top in hopes of a dedicated hacker who may be interested in taking this to task.

despite the idiotic responses by most in here so far, the Samsung S3C6400 processor in the iPhone normally runs at 667MHz, and is used at full speed in numerous other devices, many of them nearly the same physical density as the iPhone without needing "radiators, ice packs" or severely burning the fragile palms of their users. Apple, for whatever reason, most likely to conserve battery power, has downclocked it to 412MHz... and this manifests as menu lag.

there are a lot of jailbreak apps out there that really arent "needed", but yet people still clamor for them... some of them happen to be those who think an OC app would be useless and posted in this thread. no one is forcing you to do anything about it either way, but no need to harsh on people who are interested in an app that unlocks the iPhone to do what it's perfectly capable of doing.

anyways, done with the diatribe. anyone out there willing to take this to task, or known someone who is? it would be great not only to just OC, but allow people to downclock further for power savings, or allow jailbreak game devs access a way to OC the device temporarily to support more intense games they may be interested in creating.
Being a person that had their communication board fry on their V1 phone, I can tell you that Over-Clocking the iPhone is a bad idea. The processor might be able to handle the heat and dissipate it quick enough, but the same cannot be said for the other components within the phone.