Overheating Issue..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tnh732, Oct 27, 2007.

1. tnh732

tnh732 New Member

so... i nicely bougth a charger for the iPhone from XtremeMac... tried it.. and worked... then came back inside my house.. and started to be dumb.. as soon as i dock it..on the PC or wall charger it dropped the signal.
    But it was still recognized by iTunes and ibrick and all that....
    So i just took the SIM out... Tmobile by the way... restarted it,... and it was just fine.
    so i left for work... put the SIm back in.. and worked fine... althoug it drain 25% of the battery like in 20mints... in 1hr it was 5% left only.. ! so i plug it on the wall charger... same drop signal... left it charging like 5hrs... came back to get it and got off work.
    it said 5%! so i worry... but i still could do the hard Reset (hold home and lock buttons) then in came back on with FULLY battery... ! so i thoug well that was weird...
    Then i got home.. still the same issue with docking and lossing the signal.
    but i needed to sync it to grab some podcasts...
    So i did, it work fine....left it on the wall charger, without sim.

All look to be working ... ipod.. browser.. on Wifi.. phone everything..

BUT when i woke up in the morning.... it was EXTREMELY HOT! i woke up at 430am.. so i just grab it.. but on my way to work i noticed that it was OFF!... tried to turn it on,.. nothing........ not even the red bar of low battery.. don't charge at all.. on PC or wall charger... THIS i say it because.. it doesn't feel any heat when its plugged...

I have a reservation tomorrow for the genius bar... but well the phone its hacked....... but its just doesn't charge.. so ... its probably fried.
    I expect they ask me for crap.. but i bougth this phone off the craigslist.. don't know who bougth it,... should i get irritating?

Anyone has gone through this.. im not a MAC savvy never bougth anything to them...

By the way the phone its.. unlocked.. 1.0.2 firmware...
    issue... stupid car charger fried it.. phone overheat and don't turn on anymore... :oops:

2. kazzaf

kazzaf New Member

Well if its completely fried bring it t;) Apple.

3. Indy

Indy Zealot
    Gold

What he^ said...;)

4. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

I would revirginize it First, test, and THEN bring it to Apple if it's still a problem.

5. Mangoiphone

Mangoiphone New Member

He's got a point. You better find a way to lock it and then take it there. I feel you will not get any support if it is unlocked. Legally, nothing prevents you from unlocking a phone. Also legally, they can refuse service and warranty to you if it is unlocked.

Good luck

6. tnh732

tnh732 New Member

yeah i made sure it was fried.. lol but then i bumped into another problem, it wasn't activated with ATT, so they just send me out, i said i had it on att but on a gophone, so i just need to find some ATT retailer to activate it and so it come on the system at the Apple store, and that migth work,.... if i had the receipt. i will sell it on ebay or craigslist for parts...