Overheating Issues and Warranty!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kingsr

Sep 20, 2007
I received my iPhone one week ago, I've noticed when I charger the phone via USB to PC, the getting really hot. Also this morning when I was surfing the web via EDGE it could really hot. The is unlocked to Tmobile, to get a warranty exchange at the store will they question me about the activation of AT&T Sim card after I restore it to 1.0.2 or will they just replace the phone without any questions? Any hints or help from anyone will be appreciated!

Thank You

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
How hot?

It is normal for the phone to get hot when being charged or using edge/wifi.

Also if you bring to the Apple store unlocked they will turn you away.

If you restore it and bring it in unactivated, they will wonder how you can tell the edge is making the phone hot since edge does not work unless you are activated.

Kingsr

Sep 20, 2007
Is there anyway is get passed the activation at the Apple store? Also if I have physical problem with the phone (like the sensors or actual phone went bad) how would I go about getting a replacement phone at the Apple store or Apple care?

How hot?

It is normal for the phone to get hot when being charged or using edge/wifi.

Also if you bring to the Apple store unlocked they will turn you away.

If you restore it and bring it in unactivated, they will wonder how you can tell the edge is making the phone hot since edge does not work unless you are activated.