owning a Mac

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 6, 2007
I own two Mac computers an imac and a macbook. They are without a doubt the best computers I have ever owned I'm glad I made the switch from pc. I as everyone else on this forum am totally stoked with the new iPhone coming out. It not only has some amazing features but the macs OS is awesome. So my question is how many of you put there own a Mac and how many of ti are going to want to make the.transition from pc so they can really see what the uphbe is all about with the iphoto and widgets and hopefully ichat. Oh and I bet having a .Mac account will somehow have some integration with the iPhone. Cause I guarantee after you pc people use the phone you will want a Mac cause there will be so much more integration from Mac software and you will really understand what all those programs are on the phone. All I can say is its going to be like having a little Mac computer in the palm of your hand.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I own two Mac computers an imac and a macbook. They are without a doubt the best computers I have ever owned I'm glad I made the switch from pc. I as everyone else on this forum am totally stoked with the new iPhone coming out. It not only has some amazing features but the macs OS is awesome. So my question is how many of you put there own a Mac and how many of ti are going to want to make the.transition from pc so they can really see what the uphbe is all about with the iphoto and widgets and hopefully ichat. Oh and I bet having a .Mac account will somehow have some integration with the iPhone. Cause I guarantee after you pc people use the phone you will want a Mac cause there will be so much more integration from Mac software and you will really understand what all those programs are on the phone. All I can say is its going to be like having a little Mac computer in the palm of your hand.
Welcome to EiP. Macs are very nice computers, but I don't own any yet. I wouldn't mind having one, but I haven't had the extra cash for the difference in cost just yet. As far as the iPhone being used on a PC versus a mac... my iPods and iTunes capable Motorola phones work great with iTunes software on all my PCs. While I would love to try a mac for a while, I just don't see it as a necessity just yet. Not as long as my PCs keep working so well with my Apple products. Remember that Apple is more than just a computer company now. They want PC users to buy their other products even when they don't own a mac.

Jun 6, 2007
Welcome to EiP. Macs are very nice computers, but I don't own any yet. I wouldn't mind having one, but I haven't had the extra cash for the difference in cost just yet. As far as the iPhone being used on a PC versus a mac... my iPods and iTunes capable Motorola phones work great with iTunes software on all my PCs. While I would love to try a mac for a while, I just don't see it as a necessity just yet. Not as long as my PCs keep working so well with my Apple products. Remember that Apple is more than just a computer company now. They want PC users to buy their other products even when they don't own a mac.
Ya Apple is expensive. I think they should lower there prices on there computers. After doing a little research i think the iPhone will be great for pc useres it looks like they have even integrated bookmarks from internet explorer to work with safari(which is macs version of IE). I wonder what they will do for a calendar so you can sync it with a pc? Cause mac has ICal and the program looks exactly the same on the iPhone. I bet downloading your address book for mac will be easy cause it has Address Book and so does the iPhone so it will probably reconize it. Also macs email took they have a great mail program which will probably sync your email addresses and email setting to the iPhone. So the iPhone will be just like your desktop computer some settings and everything. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Check out www.mac.com to learn more about a .Mac account and how all your computers integrate as one and how you can creat your own web page.

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
ya i have a powerbook, mini mac, and a macbook pro (intel core duo) and i cant WAIT for the iPhone, i don't think i could love OS X anymore!

Jun 6, 2007
seriously i mean i know this iPhone is going to work great with Windows based computers but you know it is going to work even better with Mac OS. I mean the phone is made for a mac they have the same operating system. The i phone has widgets just like our computers have them also. I cant wait

Bender

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Virginia
I have a PowerMac G5, a PowerBook G4 and my wife has one of those new Intel iMac's... (She still runs some windows programs on her iMac shhhhh) We love them all. :)

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Ya Apple is expensive. I think they should lower there prices on there computers.
Why do you think they should lower their prices? You can get a MBP for $1999! That is an awesome machine they just announced. The price points for all of their products seem to be terrific right now. They don't sell cheapie systems so we can't compare the bottom-dwellers. If you are concerned about prices you can get a MacBook, iMac, Mini, or Shuffle and have a great Apple product for a great price.

Bender

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Virginia
If you looking for a lower priced Mac computer. Check out the "Special Deals" section on the Apple online store. You can get a refurbished Mac for a really great price. All of my Mac's were purchased this way. :)

They also offer Student/Teacher discount as will as government employee discounts.

So... Go get yourself a Mac.

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
I won't own a mac until I can run my games on it.. like Flight Sim X, many racing games, and Call of Duty.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I am a relatively new convert. I bought an entry level MBP in March. Overall I am very satisfied with the purchase. I have been eying the Dual Processor Quad Core Mac Pro since it was announced. I almost had myself convinced that it was worth the $5k then my air conditioner broke. I found out today that it needs to be replaced and it only makes sense to replace my furnace at the same time. Long story short, as of Monday I am out $6k so no Mac Pro for me :(.

rebelace

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Beaumont,Texas
www.thechadburge.com
I am a relatively new convert. I bought an entry level MBP in March. Overall I am very satisfied with the purchase. I have been eying the Dual Processor Quad Core Mac Pro since it was announced. I almost had myself convinced that it was worth the $5k then my air conditioner broke. I found out today that it needs to be replaced and it only makes sense to replace my furnace at the same time. Long story short, as of Monday I am out $6k so no Mac Pro for me :(.

that sucks. I have a Macbook pro also and I love it. It just sucks that I bought it like a year ago and its already twice outdated :( oh well I am used to the ways of Apple and still very happy with my purchase.

I too have been trying to find a reason to buy a quad core mac pro with a cinema display but I just can't find a reason.

Jun 6, 2007
Thats what im saying both my mac computers are awesome. I think there will be so much more features for the iPhone if you won a mac and run mac OSX. Does anyone agree with me? i mean at least setting your new phone up will be easier with the Address Book and ICal and stuff.

ProductProFresno

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
I won't own a mac until I can run my games on it.. like Flight Sim X, many racing games, and Call of Duty.
Don't know if anyone has answered this yet, but I've seen The first and last of your titles on Mac. Plus, if you have a Mac Book Pro, run windows and play there!

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I was hooked since buying my first computer during college, a Powerbook 145B.

Last edited by a moderator: