P-Firewall: Call Blocker for iPhone -> English Patch

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Howdy, I spotted this in another forum, a native Call Blocker for the iPhone. Simply set up your blacklist and your unwanted calls will be sent directly to voicemail.

Unfortunately, this App is only available in Chinese at the moment, however in the same forum post a user posted an English Langauge localization patch. To save y'all some trouble I put the patch in the Fight Club.

To Install P-Firewall add the following source to your Installer:
http://iPhonecake.com/src/all

To Patch Chinese Text to English check the Fight Club category in Installer. The Fight Club Source is:
http://dezign999.com/repo

Important Notes

1- You MUST restart your iPhone (Red Slider) to enable P-Firewall after you install it, just like you had to for OpenSSH for example.

2- Incoming calls which mask their numbers (caller id block) cannot be blocked.

3- This app may hang Installer when uninstalled. Installer may or may not get stuck when it tries to Respring your Springboard. Simply hold the Power button and the Home button to power down your iPhone. Power it back on and you'll be back to normal. This is just an Installer glitch as the Uninstall script for P-Firewall evokes a terminal command -uninstall.

4- Blocked calls will appear as missed calls above your phone icon.

----

Hooray, now I can block those annoying 800 numbers that somehow got my number :(

Last edited by a moderator:

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
I'm going to try this out. Thanks x999x once again!

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Got app to install but English patch for translation not working. Any solutions x999x? Thanks

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Strange. I added the iPhone Cake source, and it appears in the source list, but P-Firewall doesn't show up in the install list. Weird thing is, I saw it in Recent Packages yesterday.

- John

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I've updated my script, could you please give it a go?

If it doesn't work, I believe I may have to set the permissions on the app folder as well.

---

Just uninstalled, and reinstalled the App and langauge patch after performing a full restart just to be certain. Everything worked fine, so I hope this works for y'all now.

---

There is another Call Blocker on the horizon by the iBrasilDevTeam, and while its extremely robust, its a payware application. I don't do payware apps unless they come from the Appstore :p I find this free call blocker a great alternative, even if you have to jump through a couple hoops.

MilanoRex

Sep 14, 2007
Tried the updated script and it works! Thanks

Mar 21, 2008
fight club category doesn't appear after inputting your source....

:dunno:

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
fight club category doesn't appear after inputting your source....

:dunno:
Are you in China? It has been confirmed my IP block is filtered in China unfortunately. I am looking into a solution for this, but I must admit its not on the top of my list. :(

Mar 21, 2008
Are you in China? It has been confirmed my IP block is filtered in China unfortunately. I am looking into a solution for this, but I must admit its not on the top of my list. :(

No, In chicago. :eek:

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Alright, next thing to point out is my server is unix based, so case sensitivity is important. Also, don't forget I'm spelling design with a Z, "dezign" so be careful here because the spellchecker will put the correct spelling for you automatically. You'll need to enter it again, or press the "X" to dismiss the spelling suggestion. Hope that helps.

Mar 21, 2008
Update-

I tried accessing the repo via EDGE instead of WIFI and it worked.
THe application works great, better than PYSL that's for sure.

Thank you for this x999x

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
can someone tell me if a blacklisted number calls you, do they just get voicemail automatically of does it just keep ringing or do they get a busy signal?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
can someone tell me if a blacklisted number calls you, do they just get voicemail automatically of does it just keep ringing or do they get a busy signal?
It goes directly to voicemail.

This does not work on blocked numbers, the iPhone has to recognize the number to block it.