P90-x

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
I am about to start the P90-X fitness system, does anyone have any experience with it? I have a vacation coming up in less than 90 days so I want to get in the best shape possible by then. I made a promise to myself to not look like a fat blob for this vacation's pictures. My sister in law (also going on this vacay) is doing Atkins. Any input on either diet? THX

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Buy some Lipo-6X (X is for both males and females); take one pill every day, eat healthy food only (don't exceed the 40 - 50 carbohydrates and 200 calories per meal), and of course do some exercises. You'll get in shape in just about four or five weeks.

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
What's in that? I've taken things that have hoodia in it that have worked pretty good. Anyone take Alli? I've heard some horror stories about that stuff!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Don't buy Lipo-6X or any other pills. They are unsafe IMO and targeted to lazy people. Just work out, eat a healthy diet and decrease calories. I'm not a fan of Atkins either. P90-X fitness system is very popular, I know several people who have lost weight using it.

Good luck, stay motivated, and give your self occasional treats. I like to go to In-N-Out and get a burger twice a month.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'm not sure Lipo 6 is even available in the US anymore.

mitchellm4

Bronze
Jan 21, 2009
Greensboro, NC
the main thing to do is just only drink water. i started doing this and eating a bit healtheir and just in the past 6 months i have lost 25 lbs. i used to drink tons of sodas and that was the problem

Mo Lester

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
P90X is a great program. My buddy has been on it as well as nutrisystems and wow has he really shaped up. Just stay motivated, and like europa said eat some good stuff every once in awhile to keep your sanity. Have fun with the ab ripper x and plyometric workouts lol. Best of luck

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
yes I haven't started officially...Tomorrow is "The day" but I was looking over the workout and they look intense. I'm looking forward to it actually. I've always liked working out but just haven't been able to afford my gym membership recently.

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
I do take some supplements, I've tried a couple different things. I am interested in hearing ppl who have tried Alli. I've heard about "butt leakage" =). Taking Alli really means actively changing your diet. Which I've never done, I have been able to work out and still eat what I want and lose weight, although for me sub-conscientiously I want to eat better because I know it will aid in my exercise results. For example, I may be hungry after a workout but rather eat a salad over a delicious bacon cheese burger because the burger just doesn't "taste" good after a workout. If that makes sense. I mean the right bacon cheese burger is good in any situation but if defeats the purpose. Duh.

pjw

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
I am on phase 2 week 1 of P90X. I love it! Prepare for some killer workouts. Plyo is really hard and good, and I found that the Legs workout is the hardest for me. I am usually sore for a couple days after that one. You will sweat, hurt, strain, work and cuss but it is well worth it.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
I lost twelve pounds over the course of three weeks completely accidentally.

*shrugs*

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
I am on phase 2 week 1 of P90X. I love it! Prepare for some killer workouts. Plyo is really hard and good, and I found that the Legs workout is the hardest for me. I am usually sore for a couple days after that one. You will sweat, hurt, strain, work and cuss but it is well worth it.
Did you get worksheets to track your progress? I'm going to start today.

pjw

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
I have the workout sheets that I got in the PDF form the illegitimate way.
I really don't track my progress to much other than in my head.

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
I have the workout sheets that I got in the PDF form the illegitimate way.
I really don't track my progress to much other than in my head.
yes I found a couple of worksheets in PDF online, I just wondered if it was the same that comes with the program.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
My nutrition teacher said that Alli is a great weight loss program.
In one summer i lost 45 pounds just going to the gym and running on the treadmill every day after work (5 days a week) and cutting out junk food and soda.
WHen i first started running i could only do 5 minutes but by the end of the summer i was up to 25 straight. gets easier and easier.
( i have since gained it all back due to this website taking up all my time lol)
also download the app Lose it!
its great to keep track of your intake and your calories

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
( i have since gained it all back due to this website taking up all my time lol)
It's funny you should blame it on this site b/c with your wonderful handset device you should know how easy it would be to get on here and get on the treadmill, bike, or elliptical, or even sauna =)

pjw

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
yes I found a couple of worksheets in PDF online, I just wondered if it was the same that comes with the program.
The ones I got I am pretty positive they are the real deal.

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
Well I just wanted to update everyone. After a gluttonous weekend to celebrate my husband's birthday, we started our diet and our first P90X workout. It was intense, we did chest and back tonight and I shouldn't be sharing this with you all but my husband threw up 45 minutes into it. Neither of us are terribly out of shape and we were working out consistently until we didn't renew our gym membership this past March. I just felt the need to defend him after telling on him. =)

pjw

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
Threw up 45 mins into it huh? I have felt like puking many times after a P90X session.
Plyometrics. that is a crazy work out. How did you like it?

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
Threw up 45 mins into it huh? I have felt like puking many times after a P90X session.
Plyometrics. that is a crazy work out. How did you like it?
I kept telling my husband that I heard plyometrics was intense, we haven't done it yet. So far I really like it, it's a challenge.