Pacific time MMS Qs

memnautikus

Bronze
Nov 6, 2007
thomasville ga
I just read AT&T is releasing a file carrier settings for mms on Friday "late morning pacific time? What's that more or less if we are in the east coast?

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
If you think of 'late morning' as 11 PST...then MST is 12pm, CST is 1pm & EST is 2pm.

Though, 'end of summer' for AT&T is a few days after the official end of summer soo...I'm just saying!

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
You do know that everyone wont get it at the same time, it will be in batches through the day.

They also shared with everyone what AT&T’s procedures are for launching the service: At 10AM EST on Friday, they slowly plan on mass texting users to let them know the feature is turned on in bunches over the course of date. Every hour more users will be added until the process is complete.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Which means I'm sure we'll have an abundance of, "I still haven't gotten yet and it's already 2 PM" threads.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Exactly. Dorks will be refreshing the iTunes update button like crazy on Friday. I predict a surge in computer mouse sales shortly after that.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Well "late summer" meant the fourth day of fall, so "late morning" thereforee must mean 12:04 p.m.

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
I was reading that AT&T may be having second thoughts about it.

It seems AT&T may be having seconds thoughts about offering MMS to iPhone customers, if the reports filtering out of DSLReports are any indication.
According to the article, “AT&T is extremely nervous about the impending launch of MMS for the iPhone scheduled for this Friday”.
It seems early testing of the MMS features has put a strain on the network, and they’ve had to shore up things beyond what they anticipated, which isn’t good to hear even before the feature launches to millions of iPhone users. They report telling sources “they are seeing record traffic just in the testing phase of the MMS launch”.
Some sources have said that iPhone MMS could push AT&T traffic on their network up by as much as 40% as it launches initially, and they fear it could cause outages or poor performance.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The backlash AT&T would receive now if they were to cancel the release of MMS would be ugly.

prott1

Bronze
Feb 10, 2007
Southern Cali
It almost not worth even commenting on at this point it's so close... It is what it is, it will be out soon enough.......

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
The backlash AT&T would receive now if they were to cancel the release of MMS would be ugly.
Yeah but so will the complaints they will recive if it crashes the network so I guess its a no win situation for them.

slr001

Sep 15, 2009
I just read AT&T is releasing a file carrier settings for mms on Friday "late morning pacific time? What's that more or less if we are in the east coast?
Are you asking what constitutes "late morning"? Or are you asking how to convert between Pacific and Eastern time zones?

If it is the latter, you need to be careful operating heavy machinery.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I bet it's gonna be like gmail push release all over again. Let's just hope AT&T servers recover from all the network strain as quickly as google's.

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I was reading that AT&T may be having second thoughts about it.
every iPhone user pays $30 a month for a data plan *cough*rip off*cough*
and they can't upgrade there network to handle mms...

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
We should have an over/under contest for predicting how many new MMS threads will be started today.