Pages (Apple) on iPad hung on waiting

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pknewman, Apr 7, 2013.

1. pknewman

pknewman New Member

This prob is on my ipad, I had several apps hung up on waiting, finally got them all to update but Pages app is stuck on waiting, have tried everything but deleting & reinstalling but if I delete & reinstall will my Pages documents be reinstalled as well, or will I lose them all?

Sent using iCafe app

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Is your app hanging due to an App Update that won't complete, or for other reasons?

Pages stores your documents on iCloud--unless you created some documents while you were offline and they are still waiting to be sent to iCloud (these are marked with an upward-pointing arrow by the document icon). But since your app is hanging, you can't really check right now. Deleting and re-installing the app will not affect documents that have successfuly gone to the cloud.

Have you tried doing a hard reset? If not, please follow steps 1-3 from this article:

http://www.everythingicafe.com/5-steps-to-fix-an-iphone-app-that-wont-stop-crashing/2011/12/24/

Let me know how that works out for you.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Just reboot. The updates will usually resume after that and the documents will still be there.

4. pknewman

pknewman New Member

Thx for your help, the hard reset worked for most apps that were hung up. The Pages App did not update, so I deleted the app & reinstalled it from My Purchases in the App store, you r correct my documents had uploaded to iCloud so I didn't lose anything. I have 3 apps that still can't update because they require iOS 6.0 or higher & my iPad is 1st gen but that's ok. Those 3 apps r working fine. I'm just left with the slightly annoying "3" staying on my App Store App! Thx again

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Are you staying on 5.x to keep a jailbreak? If so, you can clear the badge with a jailbreak tweak.