Pair and use Pandora?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by Njshoremom4gurlz, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

I bought a 2013 Kia Sorrento. I love it. Now it does have an aux thing and it has an iPhone iPod thing which houses the USB. Now my question is I'm told I can click on that and play Pandora or my library...anyone have a Kia Sorrento 2013 or even 2012 or 2014?

I keep getting an error message.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

You get the error message for both Pandora and your library?

3. Njshoremom4gurlz

Silver

I can Bluetooth for calls

4. timus

timus New Member

Takes a little work or practice. We have Pandora working in our Prius, but it didn't seem to wanta at first. We plugged it in to begin, but now Bluetooth will engage Pandora over our Kenwood adaptation.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You don't need to pair it if it has AUX or USB. If you have a USB input, use that for connecting the phone to the car. It's the best choice of connection. It charges the phone and passes audio with only one cable and the sound quality is excellent. Be sure that you are using an official Apple cable. The cheap knock off cables are only for chafing and syncing; they won't pass audio. If you use AUX, you'll have to use a 12 volt iPhone car charger in addition to the AUX cable if you want to charge it while driving.

6. timus

timus New Member

Wait a minute, you mean there is some sound deterioration over Bluetooth? I should know this before we spring for Bluetooth headphones.

I love setting up Pandora on my iPhone and not having to worry about the setup throughout the trip. No wires, no leaving the phone in the car.

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No, that's not what I was saying. Bluetooth sounds great. There is only a tiny difference, but USB does sound a bit better. I definitely wouldn't say it's deteriorated over Bluetooth. Mainly what I was referring to is how USB charges and passes audio at the same time and why it's better than AUX as a result (only one cable is needed). Bluetooth without a wired connection drains the battery, whereas USB connection will keep it at 100% while playing. She could plug it in while playing over Bluetooth, but she might as well just use USB in that case if it's an option.

8. Njshoremom4gurlz

Silver

I can't use the USB on the kia I grabbed a USB /aux adaptor I'm fine now

9. Njshoremom4gurlz

Silver

Thank you all for your help

10. Njshoremom4gurlz

Silver

The error message is because Kia & iPhone USB port is incompatible same w Hyundai lol it's a bummer but not end of the world❤️ yes it works fine on Bluetooth but I solved it with this connector that plugs into both. It sounds perfect... And works w car now(make a call command etc)