Palm data transfer to iPhone

Jaseman

May 4, 2007
Hopefully someone is writing a software to allow auto conversion of Palm contacts, memos, to do list and calendar to the iPhone at a click of a button.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
All the contacts on my Treo are also found in the address book on my Mac. Seems to follow that once I sync my iPhone to my computer that all the same contacts will be uploaded to my iPhone. But that's a Mac. Not sure about PC's.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Hopefully someone is writing a software to allow auto conversion of Palm contacts, memos, to do list and calendar to the iPhone at a click of a button.
If you are on a Mac, then it's as easy as changing HotSync to use iSync. All of the info on your Palm Treo (assuming your talking Treo) will transfer to the iApps. Then it's just a matter of syncing with the iPhone.

For PC users, that's the great unknown. I'm surprised more hasn't been written about this. (hmmmmm....gives me an idea;)). You know the iPhone will sync with iTunes, but what type of conduit will allow syncing with Outlook, etc.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
All the contacts on my Treo are also found in the address book on my Mac. Seems to follow that once I sync my iPhone to my computer that all the same contacts will be uploaded to my iPhone. But that's a Mac. Not sure about PC's.
I should have read your post.:sick: Then I could have simply said, "what he said".;)

-Chris

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
You know the iPhone will sync with iTunes, but what type of conduit will allow syncing with Outlook, etc.
Sadly (for some) iPhone won't support Outlook, according to Poguey's blog. That being said, there are already rumors that Office support is in the works.

-K

Jaseman

May 4, 2007
Great idea. Yes, I tried iSync on my iMac. However, there is no program to sync my memos...

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
Great idea. Yes, I tried iSync on my iMac. However, there is no program to sync my memos...
Don't know what device you're syncing, but try this out. Mac users have found it very useful (and I'll bet there'll be an iPhone conduit before long!). :cool:

-K

Jaseman

May 4, 2007
I'm using the Treo 680. I saw my phone numbers and calendar appointments on my iMac but not my To Do list and Memos. Also, all my "hidden" info on my Treo were shown when I did the iSync...

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
I'm using the Treo 680. I saw my phone numbers and calendar appointments on my iMac but not my To Do list and Memos. Also, all my "hidden" info on my Treo were shown when I did the iSync...
If you're having trouble, have you checked out Everythingtreo.com? There's even a Mac OS forum you may find helpful.

-K

iHuman

Bronze
Dec 16, 2006
Hells Kitchen, New York City
I have had some issues with missingsync, but that is your best bet at this point. Its better than not having anything at all, and to finally have a device that syncs seemlessly w/ my mac.... its almost like a dream.

dino_russ

May 16, 2007
If you are on a Mac, then it's as easy as changing HotSync to use iSync. All of the info on your Palm Treo (assuming your talking Treo) will transfer to the iApps. Then it's just a matter of syncing with the iPhone.

For PC users, that's the great unknown. I'm surprised more hasn't been written about this. (hmmmmm....gives me an idea;)). You know the iPhone will sync with iTunes, but what type of conduit will allow syncing with Outlook, etc.
At the moment I am syncing my Treo 700p with the Palm Desktop on my intel iMac via bluetooth. I have iSync turned off. I am also taking a bit of wait and see on the iPhone myself as I just got the Treo and a new Verizon contract last fall so it would cost me more to get out and by a iPhone. Final problem is that for me when i am out west digging dinos I find that Cinglular/ATT does not have good coverage in areas off main interstates (like Montana).

I had turned off iSync as in past I was not happy with level of synchronization. Is it worth me turning it back on just to at least keep my PDA data in the iApps for when I do get an iPhone? It probably will not be until Verizon gets it or Cingular covers my areas out west and contract is completed. For now I want to still just use the Palm desktop, I do not use the iApps all that much for addresses/phones and such -- primarly iPhoto, iTunes.

Just curious what others are doing and how this might apply to my plans to one day get an iPhone when I can use it in areas that I am working in?

Thanks

Russ

evolvnyc

Jul 28, 2007
HELP Palm Treo 650 data won't sync to entourage

I'm told entourage is seamless with my new iPhone (still in box) and I am trying to move my data from my palm desktop to entourage, but the text file that I export does not specify the drop down fields of my palm data ie: for sarah smith "Phone 1" is "work" on my palm, but for bob ross "Phone 1" is "home" on my drop down palm menu, does i sync resolve these discrepencies that exporting palm data as a text or v card does not? I can't bear the thought of manually pruning 1500 contacts on my palm desktop before syncing my new iPhone! Any software/solutions from palm users who have made the switch?

nicnack

Aug 7, 2009
trying to use my latest palm synced files on my iPhone

Hey! This discussion has been really helpful.. but alas I still have a big problem. My treo 680 will start up but tem just die, so I cant sync it one last time. I do however have files from my last backup from a couple of weeks ago so I am wondering how I can get these files on to my iPhone? My Palm desktop software shows my address book, calendar, etc, but I don't know how to move them to my fancy new iPhone.. help please? :(