Palm Desktop contact info to iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MarieM

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I imported the contacts/calendar to MS Outlook since I knew that was supposed to sync. Then synced using iTunes. Worked like a charm.

dbw

Jul 24, 2007
I imported the contacts/calendar to MS Outlook since I knew that was supposed to sync. Then synced using iTunes. Worked like a charm.
How did you import them? I don't seem to find a format for the data that is compatible between Palm Desktop and Outlook.

Thanks for your help.

DBW

FASN8N

Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
How did you import them? I don't seem to find a format for the data that is compatible between Palm Desktop and Outlook.

Thanks for your help.

DBW
I had to export each contact to a vcard and then import the vcard into outlook. Not the easiest but better than retyping all the contacts in outlook!

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
or you can do CSV (Comma Separated Values). Make sure you double check the format before you sync... A lot easier to fix on a 'puter that iPhone.

iLawyer

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Jersey
Would this work?

Not sure if this would work. Uninstall palm desktop and all files from computer. Reinstall palm desktop cd and choose to sync with outlook instead of palm desktop. Now all your contacts should be in outlook. Then sync iPhone. Just an idea.