Palm Pre Release Date Set for May 17th.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Just FYi, for those who might like to know. ;)

http://www.phonenews.com/sprint-sets-two-launch-dates-for-palm-pre-employee-training-underway-7580/

"According to internal memos circulating within Sprint Retail Stores, Sprint has implemented a vacation freeze during the month of May for all front-end employees and has begun the process of employee training with the Palm Pre in preparation for one of two launch windows.
The first window involves Sprint receiving retail units of the Pre around late April to early May in preparation for a preliminary May 17th launch.
The second window involves Sprint receiving the same units in the aforementioned timeframe, but depending on the unit level received for stocking and sales, the launch would then be postponed to June 29th if the initial shipments are deemed too low to begin initial sales in May.
At that point the June 29th date will be set for launch after Sprint receives enough of the devices to fulfill expected demand.
Employees had also noted that Sprint does not typically institute vacation/paid time off freezes in May, lending credence to the rumors of a late April-mid May launch while also falling inline with the oft-repeated first-half 2009 launch window first confirmed at CES."

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
makes sense. they've gotta strike before the new iPhone hits.

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
Taking your friendly Sprint businesss rep to lunch sure does help. I will have one on day one and I will certainly post my thoughts. Mark
Mark, are you going to get a Pre? I can honestly admit that I am intrigued by the device but not enough to have a contract with Sprint, then there is the portrait keyboard. I barely like sliders let alone a portrait keyboard. If you do get one, please post a detailed review. I am interested how it stacks up against the Storm.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Mark, are you going to get a Pre? I can honestly admit that I am intrigued by the device but not enough to have a contract with Sprint, then there is the portrait keyboard. I barely like sliders let alone a portrait keyboard. If you do get one, please post a detailed review. I am interested how it stacks up against the Storm.
I certainly will my friend. I'm not a Palm fan at all. Every Treo I had was plagued with problems (garbage in my opinion). Anyway I am willing to forgive and forget to check out Palm's totally new UI. You know I will give an honest assessment good or bad. Mark

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
I certainly will my friend. I'm not a Palm fan at all. Every Treo I had was plagued with problems (garbage in my opinion). Anyway I am willing to forgive and forget to check out Palm's totally new UI. You know I will give an honest assessment good or bad. Mark
Thanks, I will keep an eye out for it. Too bad Verizon won't have it anytime soon or at all. I had the worse Palm of them all a Windows Mobile Treo....lol. Here's a funny thing about how crappy that phone is. My home was robbed late last year and they stole all my cellphones EXCEPT my Treo. They even took a crappy Samsung Juke that my wife had before I converted her to BlackBerry...lol. Palms new slogan should be "Treos so crappy, they won't even be stolen" lol.