Palringo Update!

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
My phone isn't showing the update but iTunes clued me in that there was an update available. Everyone should go check it out. One notable improvement is that it will actually keep you connected to their server for a short amount of time after closing the app (i.e. still shows you online to your contacts) and when you go back in, any messages received while away will show up.

Side-note: Has anyone else tested the offline messaging functionality of other IM apps? As in, if I exit Palringo and then sign back on later, any offline messages I received come up. I tested IM+ and that wasn't the case at all. I just wasn't sure if others were aware of this because that in itself makes Palringo the best IM app as of right now in my books.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I heard AIM keeps you online. I'm not sure how long though. To me, it doesn't matter if those messages don't push.

Yes, I think Palringo is the best IM out there right now.

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
thought IM+ was best atm.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
thought IM+ was best atm.
With multiple accounts, IM+ doesn't tell you which names are on which IM networks (AIM, Windows Live, Yahoo, etc.) You can also send pictures and record your voice and send it through an IM using Palringo.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
yep
i've been using the voice thing to talk to my friend in canada
its basically free voip but not really lol