Pan Device connection issues

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
Hey guys here is my plan...

I have ipad 2 from att and now macbook pro, when i travel i would like to use my iPad connection to get internet on my macbook pro

what i achieved is get internet out of my iPad via wifi using my wi app from cydia...now my next goal is to get the same using bluetooth, so i am able to get connected via bluetooth but no internet...when i get under network preference i see pan bluetooth but no device under (device) its gray out...so i don't know what to do...maybe iPad is not a pan device but i have no idea

Help please

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thread moved to the Cydia Apps section.

Hey guys here is my plan...

I have ipad 2 from att and now macbook pro, when i travel i would like to use my iPad connection to get internet on my macbook pro

what i achieved is get internet out of my iPad via wifi using my wi app from cydia...now my next goal is to get the same using bluetooth, so i am able to get connected via bluetooth but no internet...when i get under network preference i see pan bluetooth but no device under (device) its gray out...so i don't know what to do...maybe iPad is not a pan device but i have no idea

Help please
Which app did you use from Cydia? If you used MyWi you can tether your iPads internet connection to your laptop via Bluetooth.

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
treid their bluetooth deal in there...i left it on and then connected bith devices to each other and still no internet...

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
as i said there is option like that, so iturned it on even though my laptop and ipad is connected with bluetooth, looks like its green light on my laptop there (by connection option) but no internet...when i connected it with usb cable or wifi it works great...bluetooth is the issue

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
If it works over USB and Wifi, why the need for Bluetooth?

Or unless you're like me, you want to know why things aren't working :)