Pandora Hack: It really works. No ads and unlimited skips.

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by {StatuSChecKa}, Dec 29, 2010.

1. {StatuSChecKa}

{StatuSChecKa} Contributor

Dont know if this can be talked about. But google it. Otherwise I will post instructions tomorrow.
  2. Watcher

Watcher Zealot

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. macscac

macscac Member

im guessing you must be JB'd for this to work?
  5. Hawk

Hawk Genius

that would be a big 10-4
  6. BlindSpoTT

BlindSpoTT Zealot

and it works very well!!!! i dont like the repo i used to get it, but that is all i will get from it.
  7. nlaplaca

nlaplaca Member

I screwed up and updated to 3.1.6. The hack no longer works. I couldn't find one for 3.1.6. Anyone know if one exists or is there a way to revert to 3.1.5
  8. {StatuSChecKa}

Oh i was not aware the new update would affect the hack, thats why I didnt upgrade. I'll around to see if I can find a hack update.
  9. nlaplaca

nlaplaca Member

I wasn't even thinking about it. I saw the update and just ran it. It wasn't until after I ran the update and synced that I realized it. Too late at that point.
  10. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius

Support music. Support the app. Just pay the money or deal with the ads.
  11. nlaplaca

nlaplaca Member

A majority of the music I purchase are songs linked to Itunes from Pandora. My "Purchased on Iphone" playlist is growing constantly as a result of using pandora. As far as supporting the app I am a Pandora one user
  12. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius

Hmm... If you are a pandora one user, then you know that ads are not present for pandora one users. So I'm not sure why you would need this hack.

Edit: i just saw it also allows unlimited skips. I guess i just don't skip that much.
  13. nlaplaca

nlaplaca Member

It has nothing to do with the ads.The ads never really bothered me. It defeats the 6 skip limit. That is why I like it. I sometimes burn through my skips on my commute to work.When I purchased pandora 1 that is actually what I thought I was getting.I swore I read on the site pandora 1 granted you more skips. That was not the case though.
  14. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius

Pandora limits skips to 6 per hour and 72 per day. Pandora One removes the daily limit, but keeps the hourly limit.
  15. nlaplaca

nlaplaca Member

Well I still don't regret buying it. It is my favorite app
  16. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius

Same here. .
  17. BlindSpoTT

BlindSpoTT Zealot

That sucks, if you hadn't synced your phone to iTunes already, you could have done what I did... I did the same thing and updated it on my phone when I saw it, completely not thinking about it. But then I tried using it after and saw the ads were back, and I knew it broke the hack. So I just deleted the app from my phone and plugged into iTunes and since I hadn't updated the version on there, I was able to put it back on as 3.1.5.

I hope a new update for it comes out soon though, I have had an issue with music constantly skipping while plugged in to my truck radio since I updated my phone to 4.2.1. Although 3.1.6 didn't fix the problem either... It works fine over bluetooth and headphone, but the dock port skips bad.
  18. {StatuSChecKa}

False statement, unlimited per hour.
  19. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius

Not from what i experience.

http://blog.pandora.com/pandora/archives/2009/05/pandora-one-upg.html

20. {StatuSChecKa}

Oh no way? Sorry. I swear mine does this.
  21. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius

I'm talking about pandora one, not the hack mentioned in the OP.